Sign in to follow this  
Wynter

Robo Ratchet

I'm always on the look out for ways to put the hurt on opposing teams as more often than not, you need a take out or two to get Cogs over the line.

Trouble is, most Cogs damage combos need a bit of set up and a canny opponent will see them coming a mile off. And so I give you... [dramatic tones] ... Robo Ratchet. It's a bit desperate, but may swing it for you in the right circumstances.

Win the initiative roll, but make your opponent go first (1 momentum, thank you very much).

A 6 Influence Pin Vice activates Mechanical Heart (the Robo Ratchet play loves Heroic Landing btw) and then drops Controller and Deletion on Ratchet. She then uses her remaining influence to charge the target model taking a momentous result (ideally the momentous 1 damage push dodge or something)

Ratchet's activation immediately follows because of Controller which is the main selling point here i.e. your opponent can't react. He Overclocks himself (using the momentum just attained from Pin Vice) and Tools Up. He then free charges the target model, taking his Free Bonus time from Deletion and the Pin Vice assist. This should equal 5 damage against a 4+ DEF, 1 ARM target (8 if you're lucky and get a wrap). The remaining 3 attacks should get you another 12 damage for a total of 17 (plus anything you got from Pin Vice).

The main downsides to Robo Ratchet is that you have just burnt 10 Influence to take out a single model and done 8 damage to Ratchet in the process. Therefore I see it very much as a last gasp victory point grab.

Well, most of this plan still works. With 3 attacks, Ratchet will still realistically do minimum 9 damage. The extra INF soon him allows him to either Sprint/charge for distance, or if he is close enough, do another 3 damage. That solo kills some lightweight models. 

Controller activation after Pin Vice still allows you the uninterrupted activation, so if she can put 3-6 damage on a model, you can now kill most average models. This can be the last play for the win.

If we use Clockwork Perfection and actually Snap Shot, then we can mascot kill, which is way easier than a regular takeout (generally).

That's 4 damage to Ratchet: 2 from Controller and 2 from Deletion.  

Your 'Roboratchet'  shenanigans could be worth the effort if you can kill a model right then, although PV can often do it herself.  

Wrong: Rachet takes 8 damages for Controler & Deletion. 2 Basic + 1 for Tooled Up & +1 for Deletion, which is 4 + 4. 
Why Rachet can not use Overcloked on him even?

26 minutes ago, Brujah63 said:

Wrong: Rachet takes 8 damages for Controler & Deletion. 2 Basic + 1 for Tooled Up & +1 for Deletion, which is 4 + 4.

No, this is wrong. Tooled up and Deletion adds to the damage of that model’s plays and playbook results, and neither Controller nor Deletion are Ratchet’s plays, so he will only take 2+2 damage. Only Pin Vice will take the extra damage on herself if she has Tooled up and/or Deletion on herself.

You are correct that Overclocked should work on Ratchet himself though.

On 14.9.2017 at 2:55 PM, Wynter said:

Ignore me. Ratchet can't overclock himself.

Bugger

Ofcourse he can. After Pin Vice uses Mechanical Heart. Ratchets Heroic doesn't say "Other model". He himself is also within 4".

I reread: In its next activation. God damnit. xD

41 minutes ago, Brujah63 said:

So, he throws it on him & will be able to charge the tour for free, but not this turn?

Yes, and since it disappears at the end of the turn it will not have any actual effect on him.