CodFather

No Butchers in the meta, which captain into fillet?

Traveling to a tournament where there will be a few Butchers players. Unfortunately there are none in my meta so I'm very inexperienced against them, fillet in particular. Who would be better into her between vetRage and blackheart? 

Both work. Rage is trying to play Fillet's game better than she is, which sometimes works and sometimes goes very wrong. Blackheart is probably planning to just bash in a couple of goals and maybe kill one or two people, which is more of a keep-away game.

Blackheart has better counter attacks for dodging away, but is also more likely to eat a KD if he gets charged. If either captain gets knocked down by Fillet on the charge, they are reasonably likely to immediately die (if she has 4 inf left) so I would recommend defensive stancing where possible.

- Benediction is pretty hard for her to kill, and has excellent counter attacks. I'd recommend jamming him straight down the Butchers' throat and using the time it takes him to die to set up your game plan.

- Mist isn't easy for her since she is unlikely to ever hit Blood Rain if you defensive stance any charges.

- Decimate is hard to apply Bleed to, and has good counter attacks. Thousand Cuts is also pretty scary for Fillet.

- Gutter is pretty durable, hard to Bleed, and heals herself.

That's the team I would go for if I was playing Rage into Fillet. Possibly put in Hemlocke, but it's risky because if you miss a Blind you are in a lot of trouble.

Meathook is very scary and should be taken seriously. Fillet gets a lot more scary if you are already bleeding, or even just Hooked. I would aim for Meathook and Fillet as the two targets of highest priority.

I think Vet Rage and his team will do better against Fillet than Blackheart. Gutter and Benediction's 2 inch reach are pivotal to this match-up. Benediction can double push Fillet and ruin her entire activation. Gutter can control the scrum and pull players out of position while staying safe with 2 inch reach. The Vet Rage team can compete with Butchers on killiness while also keeping control of the game.

Rage wants to get into a brawl, bunched up somewhere where he can get plenty of assists for big red fury attacks.

Blackheart is going to play a more open scoring game.

It depends on the player using the butchers but I'd expect a fillet team to be more spread out and goal orientated than an ox team.  This might cause difficulties for rage to deal with, also she out threats him and if you are bunching up you team to gang up you are susceptible to her bleed aoe.

Personally I'd be running blackheart.

Also in terms of players Minx really helps against filet, any defence debuffs cause her issues and snared from a charge or red fury helps.

No chance for Brisket3? Unpredictable Movement can be very annoying for a mostly 1" melee team.

You just need to be careful of vet Ox.