Sign in to follow this  
Zerachial

Throwing paint at models to see what sticks

1 minute ago, Zerachial said:

Thanks! And yeah - I use imgur

Snap! I ask Just seems quite small.

2 minutes ago, Kueller said:

Snap! I ask Just seems quite small.

Yeah - I usually resize the images down to about 200 pixels so that people with crappy connections aren't unduly affected. 

6 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

Yeah - I usually resize the images down to about 200 pixels so that people with crappy connections aren't unduly affected. 

Cool (:

I aim for 750 pixels, mostly a habit from the ancient times when my screen resolution was 800x600 :P

He looks good, did you just leave the eyes dark in the end? It doesn’t look odd if you did ;)

And it’s important never to finish a guild... that’s one of the signs of the apocalypse I think!

15 hours ago, Mako said:

He looks good, did you just leave the eyes dark in the end? It doesn’t look odd if you did ;)

I did. I couldn't work out how to get a good "eye" in there and, if I'm being honest, I gave up. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Mako said:

And it’s important never to finish a guild... that’s one of the signs of the apocalypse I think!

Hah! One of these days @Mako you and I will not only have one guild finished, but will clash in an epic battle of mediocrity on the table and our titanic struggle will herald the end days. Actually at the rate you're painting Morticians I have a sneaking suspicion you might have a guild painted before I do :P

On 01/03/2018 at 5:01 PM, Zerachial said:

Hah! One of these days @Mako you and I will not only have one guild finished, but will clash in an epic battle of mediocrity on the table and our titanic struggle will herald the end days. Actually at the rate you're painting Morticians I have a sneaking suspicion you might have a guild painted before I do :P

I have been a bit distracted by godtear stuff though, so it’s slowed right up :P

I’ll race you to finish a guild, as long it includes the two minor guild crossovers :D

Well I had a nice wee vacation and actually achieved things!

First up - Skatha! Which leaves me with just vHearne to finish an entire guild. Chances of him being done before I start on Falconers? Place your bets folks but the odds aren't in your favor!

vlxHa6d.jpg?1

Next I put a bit of work into my farmers, finishing both the scarecrow and the cockerel. 

oxofOGE.jpg?1

team shot:

Fzsoztg.jpg?1

As a bonus, pumpkin-headed dude doesn't even need to have eyes painted!! 

Definitely one of the nicer Skatha models I've seen... I found her rather horrible to paint...never did get the hair or face correct.

1 hour ago, Malritch said:

Definitely one of the nicer Skatha models I've seen... I found her rather horrible to paint...never did get the hair or face correct.

Thank you! :) she's definitely a weirdly shaped model...

Wow your Skatha colour scheme is heaps like mine, only better!! And white hair, man I hate painting it, but you've nailed it!

Hold on one cotton-pickin' minute! He's only gone and finished a whole field!!

yZ72T7f.jpg?1

Well couldn't you just knock me over with a hay bale.

Alright, fine. I'll give up on weird not-really-farmer speak. You can't really tell from the photo but I'm very happy with how Bushel turned out. My problem now is I have the next box of farmers, or my box of ratcatchers, or vHearne...?

To be fair, you could probably knock  most people over with a hay bale... they’re heavy :D

That peck looks awesome! The rest are really nice too, but that chicken...