Sign in to follow this  
Zerachial

Throwing paint at models to see what sticks

Damn you @Mako for bringing another good painter into the fold, I'll be writing a strongly worded letter in the morning :lol:.

@Zerachial your Hunters look very nice indeed, Fahad in particular looks incredibly well done. I fear the flash from your phone has undone some of the subtler work on all of the other areas (not that it looks bad in anyway) just a little washed out. I'm sure there was a lovely little article on getting some nice pictures around on the forum somewhere that could certainly allow us to see your work for what it is.

Love what I can see though and please keep sharing.

Thank you all for the kind words :) You're all too kind. 

@masterkdog I refuse to accept that. I've seen your Butchers and they look great. Princess looks amazing so clearly now I need to see your hunters ;)

@Anphiarus You're right - I really need to look into fixing the photography. Sadly it's just not as interesting to me as painting, but @Mako has given me some good advice and I've ordered a light box which should help. Obviously I'll keep y'all posted

@Malritch Not gonna lie - I'm kinda pleased with how Fahad came out. She's not quite the right sculpt for tiger stripes but I still really like it. 

12 hours ago, Zerachial said:

At this rate of painting I think it's your turn @Mako :P 

Wait, I have to find my brushes again? I’ve spent my time airbrushing delicious cakes...

:D

Because why, when I could be seriously putting time into @Mako's competition, would I do something productive like that? 

Instead, I give you my favorite sisters (at least I'm pretty sure they're sisters...):

BL0pmc7.jpg?1

Lots of experimentation here but I'm pretty happy. Also, @Mako, since photography is still a black art to me, how many extra points are you giving us as benefit for being unable to use a camera :P

That’s actually not a bad photo, no bonus points for you :P

(though I will say, photography is something we keep in mind while judging, since it’s such a pain!)

Theyre looking good, that denim blue you’ve got is lovely.

Now go paint some snow :D

Once again I realize that this is not, actually, a miniature for the "winter" themed competition. No really. I get it @Mako That is another project. Which I swear moves forwards...

But it's a bear!! I love the bear. Someone needs to teach me how to make the bear great again.

6yfj0pi.jpg?1

1 hour ago, Zerachial said:

I managed to get Ulfr and Snow done but I cannot get photos of snow to look even halfway decent, so you'll just have to take my word for it :lol:

Cheat! You're supposed to show off your worst photos anyway :P

Maybe I should hold a bad photo contest, we all have a few of those :D

10 hours ago, Mako said:

Cheat! You're supposed to show off your worst photos anyway :P

Maybe I should hold a bad photo contest, we all have a few of those :D

I'm sure that if you do we will all take amazing pictures for it and fail big time...

Hey all - I'm trying to paint the farmers right now and those eye sockets... phew man they're not helpful. Does anyone who's painted them have any tips? Did anyone try to sculpt in eyeballs? Or what?

59 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

Grange ready to lead my farmers into ignominious defeat...

4Tp5gh3.jpg?1

To be fair, I'm quite happy with how he turned out.

(also for anyone keeping track, no, I still haven't painted one single guild to completion... :lol: )

Looks Slick! Great Job (:

Do you use a Hosting Site to upload your Images?