Jump to content
VanV

Time's Called + Second Wind Jog Distance

Recommended Posts

  • Spigot activates and puts up Time’s Called
  • Quaff is within 4’’ of Spigot
  • Quaff activates and puts second wind on himself
  • Quaff jogs at +2/+2 mov due to Time’s Called

If this advance ends with him more than 5’’ from Spigot does he still benefit from Time’s Called for the advance caused by second wind?

Quaff started an advance within Time’s Called which is the only requirement for the +2 and there is no duration specified by Time’s Called other than that of the heroic play.

While similar to the Cover of Darkness question covered in the FAQ thread I’d appreciate an official clarification, especially in the case that there is an implicit “for the duration of the advance” as it’s rather ambiguous at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Effects of Heroic Plays last until the end of turn. Unless otherwise stated, I imagine. 

So Quaff jogs 8" for the entire turn given that he started "an advance" within the Time's Called aura, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, don't bump "checking" threads. So please don't use this answer for a discussion, I will also not add what I think.

Just wanted to add Character Traits (Cover of Darkness) and Knee Slider. This is pretty much the same as your question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Times called lasts for the duration of the turn.  This aligns with the statement on pg 41 of the S3 core rules which states that the effects of a heroic play lasts until the end of the turn.

This is different to Cover of Darkness, since CoD is a trait, rather than an effect of a Heroic Play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, WCWW podcast said:

Times called lasts for the duration of the turn.  This aligns with the statement on pg 41 of the S3 core rules which states that the effects of a heroic play lasts until the end of the turn.

This is different to Cover of Darkness, since CoD is a trait, rather than an effect of a Heroic Play. 

Does this extend to advances caused by enemy models as well, such as via the character plays Lure and Puppet Master once a model had started an advance within the aura of Time's Called?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Does this extend to advances caused by enemy models as well, such as via the character plays Lure and Puppet Master once a model had started an advance within the aura of Time's Called?

If the model has already moved and gained the bonus from a friendly model, if you move it again after using Lure/Puppetmaster, the Heroic would endure and so apply (as @WCWW podcast said). If the model hadn't already moved, then the friendly model clauses would come into play (the moving model is on your team during the Lure/Puppetmaster, so wouldn't benefit from the Time's Called, as it is no longer a friendly model to Spigot.

1 hour ago, WCWW podcast said:

Times called lasts for the duration of the turn.  This aligns with the statement on pg 41 of the S3 core rules which states that the effects of a heroic play lasts until the end of the turn.

This is different to Cover of Darkness, since CoD is a trait, rather than an effect of a Heroic Play. 

So to clarify, Character plays continue after the immediate action if they say Sustain, Heroics are considered to always have sustain (unless otherwise stated) and Traits do not have sustain/last beyond the activation (unless otherwise stated).

So if Mist got Cover Of Darkness, moved and then had some sort of ability/card that allowed him to make an additional jog during his activation, it would benefit from CoD, but Second Wind/Kneeslider doesn't as it happens after the activation, so the CoD has ended? I know this wouldn't happen now, but in case of future Plot Cards/players/rules changes, good to be clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MechMage said:

Does this extend to advances caused by enemy models as well, such as via the character plays Lure and Puppet Master once a model had started an advance within the aura of Time's Called

Yes it would, for the reason SATS states.

10 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

So to clarify, Character plays continue after the immediate action if they say Sustain, Heroics are considered to always have sustain (unless otherwise stated) and Traits do not have sustain/last beyond the activation (unless otherwise stated

This is broadly correct as current rulings stand but individual questions or interactions will of course be looked at on a case by case basis to ensure this doesn't cause other issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×