Intergalactic Slacks

Slacks gone metal, moving beyond Kick Off

So while everyone else is coming to terms with the new plastics, I'm going backwards and moving beyond the Kick Off set with the older metals (for now, 'Smiths and maybe Farmers will probably happen in time).  I thought the mystery box might be a good way to expand my collection, which of course means I'm working with the Hunters.

No paint yet, just glue and green-stuff, and coming to terms with these things.  Guild Ball has taught me that I like painting, and now that I do not like fitting models together nearly as much.  Going to get all 9 (season II + a young Theron) assembled, then think about basing, and eventually get around to paint.

PedqRUO.jpg

I did manage a quick paint job on an Easter Fangtooth to keep me from going mad with all the assembly

w84WT1p.jpg

Sweet! Easter "Sweet" Fangtooth is adorable.

(Farmers will only be in the updated better than Kick Off box plastics) I picked them up on the weekend and they seem pretty close to the metals for sharpness and detail.)

Looks good, nice smooth fade!

Tricky to carry across a few of the models, but I reckon you can do it - a big area like that is much harder than the smaller bits on the rest :)

On 10/1/2017 at 5:52 PM, MountainYeti said:

I really like that scheme! I haven't seen many hunters in warm tones like that. 

Thanks @MountainYeti.  I was all set to do them in greens, and then thought this would look good on Seenah.  I'm not fully convinced that this is the best look for the Hunters as a whole, but I'm going to keep working at it and hope they turn out OK.

Two more Hunters "mostly done" for this week.  Happy with Egret's hair, but not her eyes.  And her hands were better positioned and glued cleaner, but then broke off after priming.  Zarola had my best pin where she needed it for the right arm, but them I made a bad choice thinking I could pin the left and drilled through/off the attach point (ugly blob of greenstuff holding arm in place not photographed).  Just going to keep learning from each one, and focus on making improvements on the next project.  If the bases were painted that would be the season II 8, but Skatha and crew should be arriving today.

k9ZB8pE.jpgY6wbU2h.jpg

2 hours ago, Furnace said:

The color scheme is topnotch! Have you considered adding some tuft to the bases? It would really make them pop too. :) 

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how these are turning out.  I wanted to get all the painting finished across the team before I started gluing down anything else to the bases, but I've got various grass and shrub tufts from Shadow's Edge and I've been drying leaves and using a punch from Green Stuff World to make some leaf scatter.  There will be some more detail to the bases after I'm done painting.