masterkdog

Kdogs completed stuff

So after being hit by the photobucket hand of doom I have scrapped my old WIP thread and will be chucking up my completed minis here. Only the butchers at the mo (Meathook is about 80% done) but will be followed (rather slowly) by Hunters, Union, Fish, and the kick off set.

So here we go in no particular order....

Apologies in advance for poor photography skills, lack of any painting ability and the hodge podge way the pics will show up

And now for the most recent addition vOx. Really liked painting this mini but came across a couple of issues when his left arm fell off halfway through painting (i could have sworn I wasn't too lazy to pin it)!!!:angry: 

I also tried a new skin tone on him (my old GW flesh colour from the 90's a friend gave me is running out) which I have used on Meathook as well. Also I figured it was about time I consistently tried to paint eyes onto my players in the hopes it impacts their on field performance. Would like to have some comments on the skin (my mate and mentor thinks it is a little to light in the base) and on the eyes.

Skin is weird - it could be a little light on the base, but then he's not done much sunbathing this last year, so maybe he's just a little pale :D

Me, I like all the models to have different skin tones. Much more natural that way!

Also, stop painting decently so fast, you're making me look bad :P

4 hours ago, Mako said:

Also, stop painting decently so fast, you're making me look bad :P

Haha, given my current rate of completion (13.5 figs in 21months) I should have my second team (out of the 6 i own) painted sometime in 2019!! Given you already have colour on the Blacksmths (team number 7 :P) and the quality of your painting I wouldn't be so worried.

8 hours ago, masterkdog said:

Haha, given my current rate of completion (13.5 figs in 21months) I should have my second team (out of the 6 i own) painted sometime in 2019!! Given you already have colour on the Blacksmths (team number 7 :P) and the quality of your painting I wouldn't be so worried.

See, the trick there is to fool everyone into thinking I've done a lot - I've actually only got four painted morticians, two mostly painted fish, and a half painted blacksmith :P

I prefer to count my painting rate in leap years, it's less tragic that way!

Well it could just be your photos (or my screen) , but number 3 and 8 in the sequence look like they are closest to my kr case in colour. In which case I think your skin looks pink.  

You could try shading the skin with a muted green like P3 Thornwood Green. Apply it in glazes really rather than a wash. The green counters the red generally found in skin colour paints giving a more natural colour over all. 

If you're interested here's probably my best work on skin/faces link (not GB though). 

But try it on your next one, as vOx there looks good as is! 

As for churning out models, given I got models during the kick stater, I have only completed 7 models in total, and one ball. The best bit is they aren't even my team - I painted them for a guy at the club. 

So flurry of painting activity today. Finished Meathook (not my favourite work) and for the sake of it painted up coin (must be the single quickest mini I have ever done!!). This also means I am finally finished with the Butchers!!! Wow and it only took 19 months!

As usual I welcome all feedback, criticism etc

2YKDSf2.jpg3PqmCDw.jpgjAxTh5g.jpgNsldSgp.jpgtdIxoVk.jpg8q4BnZi.jpgMhvUNCk.jpgwdL1g8o.jpg

So after 19 months here is the result of my Butchers Journey. Given my lack of experience, then ability, then motivation, then available time I am fairly happy with the way the team has turned out.

1QNNnsM.jpg

Been a while but hey a new finished mini. I do have my Main 7 hunters at about 75% but then @Mako had to run a contest and put a stop to all my progress there:D. Fortunately I now have a colour scheme for my Heralds when I get around to them. This one was a lot of fun for me trying some new techniques such as the icicles and snow basing, as well as trying to do white hair and blue tinged flesh tone. As normal not the best photos but Here is Skatha and her snowball.

X1tjrNC.jpgzedMWLG.jpgqYzJIdQ.jpgICffJ4H.jpgl0uJXGQ.jpg

Also I noticed my vOx pics have disappeared so here he is again.

FCeqFEa.jpgFJ1hJ0p.jpg2ys8iS5.jpgRrdjEh9.jpglzThBqx.jpg

And here is a look at the unpainted hoard (which has been added to since this was taken by 5 brewers, 6 Blacksmiths and 1 big mamma Bear).

mZMNgsZ.jpg

It's the secret plan behind the contests - distract people and give them more toys as prizes, so no one gets rid of their grey mountain :D

Completed...I think not. Hard to field a bear with no head. Unless this is a clue to the next Halloween mini, the headless bear monster, sometimes living in NZ sucks!!

9N9TpN5.jpg

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 at 1:00 AM, Furnace said:

Ouch, good luck getting a replacement. I've been waiting for any sort of a reply on my mispack for over a month now.

Well got a response pretty quickly and it was awesome to see the staff at SFG enjoy a good pun when dealing with the bear. Opening line was "poor Seenah, thats not a good way to get ahead in life" haha. Man I love SFG!!