masterkdog

Kdogs completed stuff

That green is lovely, nice and rich.

And with the orange/fleshy red you've avoided them looking like Christmas hunters, that's always a bonus :D

It gets us all eventually :D

Starts out so well, and then you decide to accent your bold colour scheme with its contrast, and before you know it you can’t scrub the elf effect away no matter how much paint stripper you use...

So Finally finished the first four of my original Hunters (which were derailed by the winter painting comp). Pretty pleased with how they turned out. Found Egret a challenging mini, Absolutely loved painting Hearne and Theron. I was really worried about screwing up the bases, but they came out better than I hoped for (they look better in person).

I tried a new skin recipe for these guys. Wanted it to look a little more tanned than what I normally do, with the exception of Egret who I felt should be paler due to less time as a hunter...

I also wanted to do most of the metallics a bronze colour which I find a little more foresty (true word) than silver.

As per norm excuse sub par photography, either too dark or too light. First pic of theron seems to be best one (probably as it was the last one I took). 

First up, my regular crutch. Theron!!!

st6Slvw.jpgpjRdQpd.jpgBGqc1rA.jpg

Next up, my hardly ever see the field number 1. Egret!!

Gjp8MiT.jpgNvCiNk4.jpgGimChfE.jpg

Followed closely by my hardly ever see the pitch number 2. Chaska!!

qR8HRZO.jpg4FRN3FW.jpg1yQl4gK.jpg

Lastly my pretty much alway KD'd, TO'd or kicking nads Hearne!!!!!!!!!!

spE4OXM.jpgxey2z7s.jpg7hgbiem.jpg

8 hours ago, Malritch said:

Nice deep rich colours!!!

Thanks. Tried to think about practical (for a Hunter) but also acknowledge that winter is coming...

7 hours ago, masterkdog said:

Thanks. Tried to think about practical (for a Hunter) but also acknowledge that winter is coming...

...and winter is neverending where I am it would seem...

ciwvDKL.jpg

So in somewhat of an odd one for me I have finished a mini within 4 weeks of the last one I did :P. This time up it is Zarola, who while I love on the pitch I found an absolute mare to paint. She is my first ever attempt at dark skin tones and you can't really see the highlighting all that well in the pics. As usual critiques and advice (for future jobs- I'm never going to repaint a mini) more than welcome.

eKenNf7.jpgv7Wb7ZP.jpgRSBEG0l.jpgZx8gtWJ.jpg

Just Jaecar and Fahad to finish off in my "Summer/Autumn" hunters theme. Then Seenah will bridge between this scheme and the one I did on Skatha for the heralds. Unfortunately I am struggling to remember what I mixed with the blue to darken the tone a little :mellow: I should take stock from my wife and write my recipes down I guess.

As a cheat for remembering recipes, I often just photograph all the paints I used, lined up together. One photo for each set of colours/area of the model. 

Course, eventually I end up looking at photos of paint bottles thinking “what did I use those on?” :D

She looks good though, the face peeking out on the front shot is great

So finished Jaecar and Fahad over the weekend. Not my greatest work. Love Jaecars pose and his base, but they combined to make some very unenjoyable angles to try and paint. Fahad I wanted to make it look like it was walking through the jungle at midnight so went for a purply kind of sorta shade highlight thing that I don't think worked/shows up in the pics (black background doesn't help). I also managed to do a bit of fast terrain as well (being sick ups productivity massively).

I have noticed just now that I need to do some tidy up to Jaecars hands and right side of the face but will still chuck the pics up so I don't have to (cringe) try and take more...

pznQjZg.jpgP8Afwf4.jpgmqPfDzX.jpgffY0e6o.jpg

1lsgqa6.jpg5JlKTYv.jpg23nqEEG.jpgMJCglZY.jpg

NbqYF3D.jpg

So just have Seenah, Snow, Ulfr and vHearne to go and they all officially have paint on them so...

4 hours ago, Furnace said:

They look really nice, did you do a night theme on Jaecar as well? That face is topnotch. 

Thanks man, no night theme intended but I'll take it...