Malritch

Malritch's Mess: Progression? Thread.

Hey folks. Bear with me...

I am new to all of this... and damn, your fine work on display here is rather intimidating! I have, however, been encouraged to share... so I will start with mostly a few terrain pieces I have done... I feel they are a lot better than my initial model painting adventures (couple of far away shots of those so as to not embarrass myself too much :P )

I have a wonderful friend with a 3D printer who has graciously been providing some things available on https://www.thingiverse.com/ for my experimentation. The Morticians goal at the end I added a little casket that I made out of some wood bits. Our kitchen table is too narrow for the pitch... so I made a 4x4 game board, lined with felt, and added some 3/4" moulding to keep the dice from flying all over.

Anyway... enough rambling... feel free to comment... on to the pictures.

ABKspFS.jpg

NBpCfzW.jpg

sJ5S6CC.jpg

Nc9SQMe.jpg

oGSYtd5.jpg

A02jvun.jpg

E7BP34E.jpg

Nb04FMJ.jpg

WPEbPMb.jpg?1

I8oQ4kO.jpg

m8ksyh2.jpg

awesome to see your stuff mate. Like the blue you have chosen for the Masons and I have not seen a black scum before nice one. Love the terrain too really makes me wish i new someone with a 3d printer. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

Thanks @Doc.... the terrain is a mixture of 3D printed bits with occassional organic embellishment. The rough terrain and the one tree stump barrier type thing is just struff from my yard/driveway...twigs n' things.

Thanks @masterkdog Much appreciated!

Are those kick off models? If they are I'll tell you something that helped mine look better was a second layer of dull coat. Something about that initial pvc makes the paint look shinier. Haven't noticed as bad on new stuff.

Terrain is AMAZING! Dang guy. Love your forge. Don't know if the texture is an effect you painted or natural from the promoting process but it all looks awesome.

Thanks @Pending Forum Suspension ...they are indeed the Kick Off Starter set models. They seem a bit shiny in the pictures.. more so than in person to tell the truth. The Forge is a 3D printed piece from m buddy... so the layering of the material definitely enhanced the piece I think.

Thanks @Intergalactic Slacks... oh eventually I'll probably have all of them =)  Must...have...all...the...toys! :P I do have butcher's for my son that either my wife or I should probably get past the primered stage... and I did just pick up Farmers as well... but they'll be a while as I have no real desire to play with them at the moment. Lately I've managed to play more than paint... which has been nice actually. HA!

So I finished up a Butcher's Goal Post for my son. It is like the others...but with some added bits and pieces. I made the table from scratch..and the meat on the table is my first stab working with 'green stuff'. Fishing hook worked well to hoist it up on I think. Won't lie... feel good when I do something different that somewhat works out the way I envisioned it. :P 

Oevn5zL.jpg

BhLn6Ck.jpg

Cool Stuff!

I really like the terrain, it looks gritty and very guild-bally. It reminds me of the official illustrations. And that forge looks awesome! That's the first time I saw those 3D print lines actually enhance something :D.

I also like your colour choices in general, terrain and teams both. And I agree, black Scum is very cool.

Good job, keep it coming!

Pretty much done this one...some varnish and basing to be done...but probably the best yet for me... a bit of progress... always encouraging. (Something I could at least take an ok close up on... :P )

RWv0JXR.jpg

So a bit of progress... so feeling pretty good about the Butcher's. Waiting on a few more models to show up so I can complete the guild. :) 

XZXY6lI.jpg?2

I definitely feel progression...perhaps more than I see it. All I can ever see are the mistakes :P 

Brick came to me in the Mystery Box without a weapon... so I made a big-ass stone on the end of chain.... green stuff and a twisted paperclip... which didn't work quite the way I wanted it to...oh and the little wall is green stuff as well.

6fr0YwM.jpg

AzZtVM5.jpg

16 minutes ago, Malritch said:

Brick came to me in the Mystery Box without a weapon...

You do know that Brick doesn't have an actual weapon, right? :P His fists are his weapons! B)

Interesting... is that how he came originally then? Because the Kick Off box plastic Brick definitely has a big rectangular block or stone by his right foot with a chain attached that he holds in his right hand.

2 minutes ago, Malritch said:

Interesting... is that how he came originally then? Because the Kick Off box plastic Brick definitely has a big rectangular block or stone by his right foot with a chain attached that he holds in his right hand.

Correct, but originally Brick has always been without weapon. Look at his artwork; he has no weapons anywhere. ;)

Cool conversion, though! The big guy would totally kick ass with a weapon like that! :lol:

@Nykolae thanks for that... I totally just went off my Kick Off version and thought he was just missing a piece. I wasn't overly taken aback by the missing piece... as my mystery box masons came without a Mallet at all. :P 

Here's some less than stellar shots of some Hunter's I finished up recently. (Egret is my entry into the Winter Painting Exhibit so you may have seen here before)

UYu1aUV.jpg

92yXgmS.jpg

6wj0Dj7.jpg

e7W5J5E.jpg

yskSFv6.jpg

t6y5pOZ.jpg

duFiAvK.jpg

7dKAZjh.jpg