byronthebear

Vassal Premier League Sign Ups!

Welcome to the Vassal Premier League!

This is a Big League event ran in the vassal program. This league will be run for about 2 months using the official Big League rules found on Steamforged, along with some addition rules added by me to encourage new ways to play. This season of the league is will be using the 7.6 Guildball module on vassal which has added the Farmers and Blacksmiths who do not have official Big League guild plot cards yet so I will be making custom plots for said teams to be use by coaches. Another thing that will be special to this league will be the addition to what I like to call Longshanks contracts, which are special instructions given to coaches to complete objectives in a match to be rewarded extra favor and/or campaign points for their team. I am very excited to see what these additions do to the league along with a couple other minor rule changes I have made for this first season.

I will then start the league officially September 17th, the league will last for 8 weeks then winners will be announced. Once sign ups are complete I will arrange all the fixtures for every week. If you sign up please make sure that you have enough free time to play during the week, this is a international league so their will be times where you must play a opponent in a different time zone from you. So please! Do not sign up if you are not ready for the commitment. This time around I will be using Discord as a public hub for the league so here is a link. https://discord.gg/y2ycbjG

Rules:

• Games will be announced every Sunday and must be completed before the start of the next week (00:00 GMT every Sunday)
  • Please tell me the guild that you will be using and a team name.
  • You may record/stream games.
  • Games will be organized by you and your opponent for that week.
  • If a agreement can not be decided on a date to play, you will both receive a lost on your record.
  • If you drop out of the tournament you will be black-listed and banned from any future Vassal Premier League 

Couple of questions.  

Do you mind if people join the Discord and are not in the league?  Taunts and jeering and following along. 

Do you guys mind new players?  Never done a tournament before and only played a few games with people in vassal. 

Is it ok to concede if you know that you won't be able to meet the other persons schedule?  I would prefer to take a loss than make someone else pay or play at strange times because of my conflicts.

Where is version 7.6?  On the vassal site I only see 6.6 and 7, I might have missed it.

All said this looks like a lot of fun, but I will make sure what the scheduling coordinator (fancy title I apply to my wife) already has on our calendar before making the leap.  

47 minutes ago, mcs1213 said:

Couple of questions.  

Do you mind if people join the Discord and are not in the league?  Taunts and jeering and following along. 

Do you guys mind new players?  Never done a tournament before and only played a few games with people in vassal. 

Is it ok to concede if you know that you won't be able to meet the other persons schedule?  I would prefer to take a loss than make someone else pay or play at strange times because of my conflicts.

All said this looks like a lot of fun, but I will make sure what the scheduling coordinator (fancy title I apply to my wife) already has on our calendar before making the leap.  

Anybody may join the discord sever, it will be the best way to keep tabs on what is going on in the league movong forward. I welcome everyone to join and root for your favorite teams/coaches.

The big league is designed to be a casual event for everyone one to play in. It is not even required to win every game to win one of the three titles. The more the merrier when it comes to the big league format.

When it comes to scheduling I expect everyone who signs up to have a open enough schedule to not run into this problem often. It's a big commitment to be available every week for 2 months, so i hope people who sign up knows what they are getting into. That includes playing weird hours for one person or the other, what ever you got to do to get the game in. If both players can not reach a agreement on a date/time then it will be called as a no contest until settled. In the big league format that will be a problem when calculating favors but i will handle that on a case by case basis.

5 hours ago, mcs1213 said:

Where is version 7.6?  On the vassal site I only see 6.6 and 7, I might have missed it.

@byronthebear You forgot to answer a question. One that I would also like answered.;) Thanks in advance!

55 minutes ago, Sunny Ravencourt said:

Team: Farmers (how many models are legal in this tourney?)

Name:  ANF

Dischord: Sunny#4017

Location. Iowa, USA. Central Time Zone.

This is a big league so all of the models are legal. Join the server the link is in the original post to look at the rules.

More questions because I didn't ask enough before.  

How is the "Wheeling & Dealing" going to be taken care of?  Separate channel on discord?

How are we going to make the plot card decks?  TBH I haven't tried this feature in vassal yet so if its there and easy then tell me to go read.  

Are plot cards from all three seasons available plus the common ones?

45 minutes ago, mcs1213 said:

More questions because I didn't ask enough before.  

How is the "Wheeling & Dealing" going to be taken care of?  Separate channel on discord?

How are we going to make the plot card decks?  TBH I haven't tried this feature in vassal yet so if its there and easy then tell me to go read.  

Are plot cards from all three seasons available plus the common ones?

Wheeling and dealing will be done between the two coaches, and when you come to a agreement that is when you come to me and I make it official. I want everyone on the same server so you guys can just DM each other easier.

The module already has a system in place for you to create your own deck in game and report it to your opponent.

All plot cards will be available for this league.

Apologies. Please remove me from the tournament. I have reviewed the commitment at great length and I think I'll miss too many games. Best to withdraw before it starts as not to affect the brackets. 

Sunny