RedSam

An idea to "fix" Vileswarm

I wanted to see if I could make Vileswarm playable. I also wanted it to feel more like an actual swarm of rats.

swg1XxM.jpg

Potential clarifications:

• You get up to 1 new Vileswarm per turn no matter how many are on the table.
  • Vileswarm no longer has an Icy Sponge marker, so if you kill the last one, they're all gone (extermination-style) barring Vet. Graves shenanigans.
  • Each copy has 3 HP and is worth 1 VP if taken out.
  • Noxious Death might be a bit too powerful.

6 minutes ago, CurlyPaul said:

I like it, and really thematic!

Only slight problem is the practical one of needing 5 or 5 Vileswarm models.

Thanks :) I figured SFG would actually really like that part ;)

2 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Won't most players just leave their rats behind the goal to collect the +1 influence each turn? Seems boring and broken to me.

That's a good point. Maybe it would be better to give them 0/2 and Furious. I definitely wanted them to be used, not just sit there for value.

I've always liked the idea of vileswarm with shadow like and  assist [veteran graves] +1 tac and 1 damage. Or "Lend a tail" when this model provides ganging up bonus add an additional dice. And increase its melee range to 2".

But 3 hp for 1 vp. I can guarantee I'd never use vileswarm that's way to easy to kill even a scoring shark team can do that. 

Maybe generate a swarm token every turn to gain a copy of vileswarm that generates no vp when taken out and has 2-3 hp 0/3 influence and additional ability that let's them make a free pass to friendly [Vileswarm ] [+1/+2]. With the passing it'd be like them playing with the ball and a nice way to generate momentum 

I reanimate this post to say that if vileswarm have something that affect cost of character plays or kicks or put a debuff to TAC, Kick or character play.

With this vileswarm bring a piece of control and if packmaster would be best i think it's enough to take vGraves and vileswarm in a roster

I like the idea but 3 HP mean you just kill one after it spawns then it kills the other with noxious death. Easy 2 VP. Maybe instead he can place a spawn marker in base contact when taken out and instead of jogging back on to the field, he can come back in base contact with the spawn marker.