• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Strahleo

Starting Union & Alt Deployment

So I've taken the scary step after only playing Butchers since the games release to dive head long into a footballing Blackheart team.  My first attempts to hit the pitch in an Alt Deployment face off.

any tips or advice on using the players I've selected.  I am trying to focus on the footballing aspect with maybe a tiny bit of damage threat.  My pondering is leading me to look at a few other players but the core I am thinking of keeping the same (so no a switch to V.Rage is not on the cards lol)

https://www.fishywargaming.com/single-post/2017/09/01/Loot-Plunder

no tactical advice, just commenting to gloat over my win, it doesnt happen often against such a high caliber opponent, so I need to make the most of it while I can :) The last few minutes were crazy when I think between us we must have burned through about 6 activations in such a short space of time to ensure we could get to the next turn and be able to activate potentially game winning players and not get stuck only able to use the players on the fringe of the game. Was the closest game i have ever had and most probably the most enjoyable.

Yes it was.  I swear at one point we both finished activations and just threw away 6+ Influence to keep the clock from timing out.  Was a really fun game and one that will stick in the mind for a long time.

even my four 6's on 7 dice were not enough to win the day!

3 minutes ago, Strahleo said:

even my four 6's on 7 dice were not enough to win the day!

Thats the strange thing with dice, I know that your dice rolling before that was pretty dire but it was generally on less important/impactfull rolls but the time it spiked was game changing so it sticks in the mind far more.

Back to your original post its nice to see Snakeskin being used as she is underutilised. Hemlock was a surprising pick and I think she would have a place in some match ups but I think she could be easily replaced with Grace (who I am a big fan of)

1 hour ago, Paul Waters said:

Thats the strange thing with dice, I know that your dice rolling before that was pretty dire but it was generally on less important/impactfull rolls but the time it spiked was game changing so it sticks in the mind far more.

Back to your original post its nice to see Snakeskin being used as she is underutilised. Hemlock was a surprising pick and I think she would have a place in some match ups but I think she could be easily replaced with Grace (who I am a big fan of)

I'm very tempted with Grace & Benny right now.  But again I'm trying hard to make that hemlock work.  Maybe the new GICs will open the door for her again.