• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Killermonkey

Blacksmiths Aesthetics

Just recently picked up the box from a friend who went to GenCon and primed all the models in anticipation of painting them. During this process I noticed something that seemed a little strange... the guild that is supposed to be the premier guild for building armor and weapons has essentially hunks of dented metal shaped on them for armor. This is in pretty stark contrast to the masons guild (who have no expertise in this field) that have very clean and modeled metal plate armor on a lot of their people. 

I actually really like how the models look as a whole and the shields are really awesome but I just found the overall aesthetic of the guild to be odd when you consider what they are supposed to be good at. Anyone else agree? Am I just an idiot? :) 

Those models are from a precise moment in time, during the game after they've recived a big hit from an opposing player. They'll work those dents out after the game. 

(That sounds plausible, right?)

It did seem a little odd to me at first, but once I got painting I realised it left me so much play space it was too good to worry about :D