Sign in to follow this  
CodFather

Ideal roster for a Rage/Blackheart team

1 hour ago, Lumpyseven said:

THE CONTROVERSIAL MISSING CHOICE - 'NO DECIMATE???' Screamed the forum, wailing in anguish at my noob choice...

Simple answer - I don't like the mask and hat combo on the model :) As much as I want to win games, if I'm not big on the model it's not getting picked! I'm awaiting a good conversion, then she'll slot in too because her rules are fantastic. I would alternate most of the time between her and Gutter, taking Gutter when I think 2" melee is super important.

Snap! I dislike the mini and getting an ace sculptor mate to make me another one (:

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, Lumpyseven said:

I can't help you with the Blackheart side of things, as I stick with VRage and SBrisket. My take on the players I include on my roster for VRage:

Strongbox: Fairly self explanatory, loves a good scrum

Benediction: This guy is a default pick in my 6, IMHO he is the best player in Guild Ball :) I've had games where I give him 0 inf and he still ties up 2 enemy players just by looking at them!

Gutter: Also a default pick for me! Fast, 2" reach, can shuffle the enemy team around and for a VRage team getting her MOM 2 on 3 hits is normally guaranteed.

Mist/Snakeskin: Mist is default pick against most teams, to threaten the ball after kicking off or to get me an early 4pts up  - however, I swap Mist out for Snakeskin against the 3 goal Football teams like Fish or Engineers because I don't want to give the ball back until I'm 8 points up!

Avarisee and Greede/Minx: A&G are my default pick in all games, but I swap out for Minx when I'm playing a very fast team that I will struggle to pin down. Normally this is a 3 goal Football team.

Best way to summarize - Mist and A&G vs everyone, Minx and Snakeskin instead when playing against a 3 goal Football team. I think all these choices have a place in Blackheart's lineup too.

THE CONTROVERSIAL MISSING CHOICE - 'NO DECIMATE???' Screamed the forum, wailing in anguish at my noob choice...

Simple answer - I don't like the mask and hat combo on the model :) As much as I want to win games, if I'm not big on the model it's not getting picked! I'm awaiting a good conversion, then she'll slot in too because her rules are fantastic. I would alternate most of the time between her and Gutter, taking Gutter when I think 2" melee is super important.

Hope this helps!

But the thing is, you see, Gutter looks like a midget next to Benediction and I'm really struggling to pick them in the same side, its so ridiculous.

Bring on the new Butchers or Fishermans sculpt, I say. Unless Gutter really is a midget. In which case it's fine.

Also I'm with you on Decimate, but not because she has a hat and mask. I actually think she might be Flat Stanley's sister.