Leolian

Painting blog

Wow man. This looks really great. I haven't tackled nmm yet, I feel like I still suck at tmm. The details on the shield look awesome too. Was there a trick to that, or just a really steady hand? All the edge highlighting looks clean too. Do you keep your paint pretty thick and dry for the edge highlighting and then use the side of the brush?

Great work, I look forward to seeing more.

1 hour ago, squirtis said:

Wow man. This looks really great. I haven't tackled nmm yet, I feel like I still suck at tmm. The details on the shield look awesome too. Was there a trick to that, or just a really steady hand? All the edge highlighting looks clean too. Do you keep your paint pretty thick and dry for the edge highlighting and then use the side of the brush?

Great work, I look forward to seeing more.

Thanks fella!

and yes, I keep the paint pretty thick, especially the lighter end of the spectrum. Watery paint just dribbles into all the cracks. I use nearly undiluted white and the darker the shade the more I usually dilute. When blending its also a lot easier to go from white to grey than the other way round. Im also pretty short sighted and always take my contacts out to paint. Magnification is vital. You'd be amazed how different things look when you can see up close.

1 minute ago, Leolian said:

Thanks fella!

and yes, I keep the paint pretty thick, especially the lighter end of the spectrum. Watery paint just dribbles into all the cracks. I use nearly undiluted white and the darker the shade the more I usually dilute. When blending its also a lot easier to go from white to grey than the other way round.

Kujo's great. i'll check out this video. Keep up the good work, man.