Sign in to follow this  
OctaBit

New Blacksmith player from brit championships

Apparently they've shown off a few new players on gb British championship's twitter. This guy and a new farmer (one of the scout report players).

He looks pretty cool. What do you guys think of Connor from assassin's creed?

blacksmiths new guy.jpg

I can't say I'm a fan of his visual design.  The armored collar piece definitely clashes thematically with the sneaky guy hood, and the pitch black darkness/glowing eyes combo isn't all that visually interesting, especially contrasted against the very well done shading of the rest of the picture.  If they replaced this guy's head with one that showed some personality I'd have a much easier time getting excited about him.

I'm alright with his design. I can definitely see where you're coming from though. Ditching the hood could help. If he's got a dynamic pose I think it could work.

For abilities and what not, I think he will end up being an apprentice. From the models we've seen the apprentices tend to be a little more plain. Where as the master are more elaborate. I think he will probably a winger, focused more on skirmishing than standing and fighting.

Um, is that a shield on his back? And, for the record, I really dig the aesthetic, though I get where you guys are coming from. But at least it's different. I also think the GB models are very hit or miss when they're too dynamic (although a blacksmith that looks like they're actually, you know, PLAYING a sport, might be nice).

Yeah, looks like a shield on his back, so he could be a Master.  I think this guy's a striker, but mostly because the Blacksmiths already have Winger in the form of Cinder.

oh does having a shield mean they're a master? I must have missed that bit.

I was thinking that the smaller of the two unrevealed models in the starting six was a striker. Although I guess there's nothing stopping us from having two strikers, or two wingers as the case may be.

1 minute ago, Toqtamish said:

I think Alloy looks pretty awesome. I like his backstory that we heard as well. 

Oh there's more info? I just saw the pic. If his names alloy then hes definitely not in the gencon box. What else did they say about him?

2 hours ago, OctaBit said:

I was thinking that the smaller of the two unrevealed models in the starting six was a striker. Although I guess there's nothing stopping us from having two strikers, or two wingers as the case may be.

Oh there's more info? I just saw the pic. If his names alloy then hes definitely not in the gencon box. What else did they say about him?

Yeah, I thought I had read that all masters will have a shield, and that's what distinguishes them as masters on the pitch.

Yes, give us more info! Damn this inability to attend events!

4 hours ago, OctaBit said:

Apprentices need to complete a shield to become a master , not sure if having one means they are or not though.

His family are bonded to the Blacksmiths guild by a debt which is why he plays for them.

Other Blacksmith info was that from now on most releases will be 6 player boxes with a second Blacksmith (and Farmer) box coming in the q1 2018 (probably).

Ok, so they did mention a bit more. They said that he was essentially a housecarl, and that he was used for a number of various under the table dealings. Specifically mentioning assassinations, and thuggery. Sounds pretty cool.

43 minutes ago, OctaBit said:

Ok, so they did mention a bit more. They said that he was essentially a housecarl, and that he was used for a number of various under the table dealings. Specifically mentioning assassinations, and thuggery. Sounds pretty cool.

Seems odd that he would be a master then. So perhaps the shield isn't necessarily the mark of a master, or that might not be a shield. I guess he still could be - the master assassin.

For the original explanation leadDice gave I thought he was working for them against his wishes. Like he was an indentured slave sort of thing, but from the video it seemed more like it was a major part of his family history going back awhile. So it could be more of a "family business" sort of thing I guess? Maybe he is the best of the assassins or housecarls, and therefor a master in that regard?

@tehlon Hey now, I like the models so far. :P That anvil sculpt looks amazing.

5 hours ago, OctaBit said:

@tehlon Hey now, I like the models so far. :P That anvil sculpt looks amazing.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but Anvil is easily my most despised model they've ever released. It is so un...guild ball... Even more so than the likes of Cinder or Furnace.

I really like the way he looks, will be interested to see how they do the face on the model. I actually like dynamic poses and hope they at least have a couple in this guild. Granted if they do one on one leg i hope they support it with something like the new kickoff honour or Grace and dont do another one toe'd base like snakeskin, minx, or mist. Having a bunch of models that look like they are just standing around the pitch glaring at each other can look kind of boring.

Or something like Vitriol. God that model was a pain to attach to a base.

I generally like stoic models, but it's nice to mix it up and have some dynamic poses.