So my reading of the Organised play document would imply that Farmer's aren't a legal tournament team until 10 models are available to build a valid roster. 

Is that right?

If so, with 6 models in the 2nd farmers box, and a potential release date into next year.. are farmers not tournament legal until 2018?

I believe technically a tournament legal Farmers team is not currently possible, but I'd expect the overwhelming majority of TOs to make an exception for them.

Surely you can take just 6 players for any guild? You'd be at a disadvantage, sure, but as long as you have captain , mascot and 4 others why would that be a problem?

1 hour ago, Selfy said:

Surely you can take just 6 players for any guild? You'd be at a disadvantage, sure, but as long as you have captain , mascot and 4 others why would that be a problem?

That's why I think TOs will allow it.  Technically 6 (or 7 with a merc) does not equal 10, so they can't fulfill the letter of the roster requirement.

I think, that having a roster with less than 10 models is legal. Otherwise the the second sentence in selecting your roster is incorrect. The minimum from "You must include 1-2 captain, 1-2 mascots & 4-8 players" adds up to 6, so if the idea was to allow only 10 player rosters, you should be selecting 6-8 players.

If 6 man rosters are legal, SF should really say that. I can see a lot of newcomers (myself included) who read the  document and will think they can't enter a tournament if they have 6 guild models only.  

I understand the mix up but you do have to think of it in the real world. No TO is going to turn someone down for having less than 10 models even if the only "must" statement said you did (as of now the only must statement ends up being between 6 and 10). To turn someone down for only having one playable lineup would be creating enemies for no gain to anyone at the event.

You would hope not. LOL  But my point was that someone who didn't read this post, and only has the  document to reference, won't bother showing up at all for fear they don't have the required models. So how do you let those people know it's still ok to come out?

Just now, Redtiger7 said:

You would hope not. LOL  But my point was that someone who didn't read this post, and only has the  document to reference, won't bother showing up at all for fear they don't have the required models. So how do you let those people know it's still ok to come out?

Those people should apply real world knowledge and also have read the rest of the paragraph where the minimum adds up to 6.

Yes they could add "up to" in order to make it perfectly clear

No I don't think it's necessary enough to update the OPD until the blacksmiths update because TOs are in charge of the rules at their tournament, meaning what's legal is completely up to them. In a miniatures game communication is probably the most important thing to have, so if a person is so worried about it they can ask the TO if you're allowed to run less than 10 players in the roster, to which the answer will be yes.

Wording is as follows... "This roster must consist of 1-2 [Captain] models, 1-2 [Mascot] models, and 4-8 Team Member models that play for the selected Guild."

Ergo... You are permitted to turn up with only 1 Captain, 1 Mascot and 4 Team Members.

1 hour ago, Wynter said:

Wording is as follows... "This roster must consist of 1-2 [Captain] models, 1-2 [Mascot] models, and 4-8 Team Member models that play for the selected Guild."

Ergo... You are permitted to turn up with only 1 Captain, 1 Mascot and 4 Team Members.

@Wynter I'm sorry but your statement just isn't clear enough :)

1 minute ago, Lumpyseven said:

@Wynter I'm sorry but your statement just isn't clear enough :)

That will you earn you a righteous crushing of Hunters / Union / Masons (delete as appropriate) in the not too distant future :P