Larhendiel

Ploughman

34 minutes ago, Cassaralla said:

It says if 'you drop one or more markers' you get 'one extra marker'.  Doesn't matter how many rough grounds, so in your example you'd still get 2 markers and not 3.

Potentially yes. But it also says 'in a rough ground' so do you handle each rough ground separately or Not? If not than Jackstraw can drop a marker in two separate rough ground areas and you'd only get 1 bonus marker from it. 

I personally would like to have a lawyers guild ruling on just what interactions are possible. I'm quite happy with any option so long as it's not as open for interpretation

11 hours ago, BigGrumpyGamer said:

Potentially yes. But it also says 'in a rough ground' so do you handle each rough ground separately or Not? If not than Jackstraw can drop a marker in two separate rough ground areas and you'd only get 1 bonus marker from it. 

I'd say you only get one bonus marker per piece of rough ground. So you couldn't put two markers in the same piece of rough ground and end up with four markers, but you could place two markers in two separate pieces of rough ground and place an additional marker in each.. 

Either way, there is plenty of time for clarification before the second box is released.. 

12 hours ago, BigGrumpyGamer said:

I personally would like to have a lawyers guild ruling on just what interactions are possible. I'm quite happy with any option so long as it's not as open for interpretation

That is how it works - Jack Straw can only generate 1 additional marker using Crop dusting on Ploughman's rough ground, as placing 1 or more Harvest Markers gets you 1 additional marker.

Currently, the only way to get more than 1 bonus marker in an activation is to use Grange's Legendary as well as his planting season or Harrow dropping multiple separate Markers over an activation...

I do get that more than one token into a single rough ground would only give 1 additional token.

I'm sorry, I'm just being pedantic about the language on the card. I don't think it's overly clear on what happens if one harvest marker is placed in such a way as to be in two rough ground effects

On 8/15/2017 at 5:29 AM, Cassaralla said:

It says if 'you drop one or more markers' you get 'one extra marker'.  Doesn't matter how many rough grounds, so in your example you'd still get 2 markers and not 3.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He is saying that if the marker is within both rough grounds it would meet the condition twice, once for each rough ground the harvest marker would occupy. I imagine it will be ruled you only get one additional marker but this could reasonably go either way.

13 hours ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He is saying that if the marker is within both rough grounds it would meet the condition twice, once for each rough ground the harvest marker would occupy. I imagine it will be ruled you only get one additional marker but this could reasonably go either way.

I opendeed a Thread in the rules section.

In a different note: after playing some more games with the starter 6, I think Ploughman is more viable than I originally thought. He is basically fighting over one spot with Harrow, and as soon as Tooled Up is not needed I think Ploughman is strictly better. He can give you a more reliable, controlled acces to at least 1 harvest token, because Harrow is not always in range to use Sow the Seeds (either via Look Busy! or from attacking). He also offers other benefits like Gliding and controlling the opponent with rough ground.

Tooled Up has become a cornercase/first turn ability for me, as it is so order-of-activation dependent. And at least Grange can supply a pseudo version of it via Honest Labour. I'm not saying he is great, but he might be worth trying.

10 minutes ago, Commander Vimes said:

I opendeed a Thread in the rules section.

In a different note: after playing some more games with the starter 6, I think Ploughman is more viable than I originally thought. He is basically fighting over one spot with Harrow, and as soon as Tooled Up is not needed I think Ploughman is strictly better. He can give you a more reliable, controlled acces to at least 1 harvest token, because Harrow is not always in range to use Sow the Seeds (either via Look Busy! or from attacking). He also offers other benefits like Gliding and controlling the opponent with rough ground.

Tooled Up has become a cornercase/first turn ability for me, as it is so order-of-activation dependent. And at least Grange can supply a pseudo version of it via Honest Labour. I'm not saying he is great, but he might be worth trying.

Ploughman, then Harrow seems like the best way to maximise the number of Harvest Tokens you can get from Ploughman's ability though - potentially in a 'planter heavy' List that uses the Markers more for bonus influence and keeps Reapers to a minimum? Although the limit of at once would possibly suggest that 'maximising' it isn't really worth it - Grange and Millstone placing in rough ground are already 4 of your 5 without much trying...

It's definitely worth noting that his playbook is generally better than Harrow's though - 2 damage on 2 hits, the only momentous pushes in the whole Guild. Could also be key into certain match ups that use rough terrain or where there is a lot of rough ground on the board. Harrow does bring the AOE healing as well though, which is nice...

Ok I've let his card sink in a bit now. Initially failed to see his value like most, but his he potentially useful turn 1 for getting in a good position turn 2. I'm finding Farmer's turn 1 game quite lacking in terms of scoring, and is in fact all about getting in a good position turn 1. 

Worth a run out anyway, now to decide who I can drop for him.

I like PM a lot, as he looks to be a really good board control/speed debuff. He hits his target, then drops an AOE 4" away. You can cover a lot of ground (ha ha) with rough terrain, ensuring that your opponent is either slowed down, or burning momentum to Glide. 

I also like that he self buffs with the ARM bonus, because I'm still getting used to the standard ARM 0 of the team.

Edit: they should have just called him 'Plough', or even Plow. 

3 hours ago, Devilsquid said:

I like PM a lot, as he looks to be a really good board control/speed debuff. He hits his target, then drops an AOE 4" away. You can cover a lot of ground (ha ha) with rough terrain, ensuring that your opponent is either slowed down, or burning momentum to Glide. 

I also like that he self buffs with the ARM bonus, because I'm still getting used to the standard ARM 0 of the team.

Edit: they should have just called him 'Plough', or even Plow. 

If they going to call him ploughman then it should be 'The' Ploughman.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:29 AM, Cassaralla said:

I would actually challenge this as it states if a harvest marker is placed within a rough ground template place another harvest marker within the template.  If you place a harvest marker say from crop dusting in each rough ground, I would expect it to generate a total of 4 harvest markers.  That is just my RAW interpretation though.  I am sure this will be clarified if it hasn't yet.

13 minutes ago, Newbreed said:

I would actually challenge this as it states if a harvest marker is placed within a rough ground template place another harvest marker within the template.  If you place a harvest marker say from crop dusting in each rough ground, I would expect it to generate a total of 4 harvest markers.  That is just my RAW interpretation though.  I am sure this will be clarified if it hasn't yet.

I want to try him in my Grange lineup.  Defend the Ground is potentially really helpful for him- I find myself often using DefStance and Counter Attack with Grange to ask the question of "how are you going to deal with my KD on one hit when you're only hitting me on 4's instead of 3's?"  Cutting that momentum cost in half is pretty huge, and it's easy to get the effect on Grange, since he wants to go early in most turns anyway, and you know where he'll be.

That said, I don't love him.  It's not that I think Ploughman is BAD, I just like many of our other players BETTER...