Larhendiel

Mystery box!

I don't know where you folks are getting that the dice sets would match. The blog post describing them has no such language, and I made sure to check the cached version Google has. Admittedly that's from only a week and a half ago, but the initial post was also from only about two weeks before that...

17 hours ago, Kineticmedic said:

How man you packages of dice did you get? I have two packages, but didn't count how many dice were in each.

It was two, one regular package of Alchemist's dice (10 is a regular package) and another that was half and half of Brewer's and Union.

Im not saying that the dice had to match, just that I got hopeful opening the box. And I knew that this was mostly going to be an unloading of extra stuff, but a slightly greater chance to get something different than our friends would have been better.... They could've told us the apparently 3 guilds available and promised random other stuff.  Its just managing expectations. 

1 hour ago, Siberys said:

I don't know where you folks are getting that the dice sets would match. The blog post describing them has no such language, and I made sure to check the cached version Google has. Admittedly that's from only a week and a half ago, but the initial post was also from only about two weeks before that...

It was in the store page for the box.

Personally I could care less. I'm getting at least two six man teams for $70. I actually want hunters so that works out, and like I said before if I get a faction I have I'll give it away and hopefully get a new player. As for the dice, I've got a set of dice I already like. I don't plan on switching any time soon.

14 hours ago, Larhendiel said:

I have sent them complaint about dies and chibi in my box not matching the guilds sen't.
I just got a reply today from them that my complaint (sent about 2 weeks ago) is confusing to them.
Since my contents did not match the description, and the guilds WERE NOT RANDOM, I'm considering Ombudsam

How can you say your guilds were not random? I haven't bought a box, so the description in the shop might have differed to the blog, but the guilds weren't described as random, it was  you would get 2 guilds. And I'm fairly sure they didn't select guilds especially for you, you happened to get which "random" box they had next on their list.

And every one I have seen who has posted contents has some die that match a guild they got. Sure, they got some die that didn't match as well, but their order did contain matching die.

1 hour ago, Adran said:

How can you say your guilds were not random? I haven't bought a box, so the description in the shop might have differed to the blog, but the guilds weren't described as random, it was  you would get 2 guilds. And I'm fairly sure they didn't select guilds especially for you, you happened to get which "random" box they had next on their list.

And every one I have seen who has posted contents has some die that match a guild they got. Sure, they got some die that didn't match as well, but their order did contain matching die.

Ok first, technically and from a legal point of view they probably did nothing wrong. On a business point of view though I think it is different. Advertising the box as "Mystery" you can be pretty sure that a lot of people would think that there will be enough randomness with a probability that from all the boxes there will be many variations. Having 3 different guilds from all the existing ones is not that random to me. I expected a clearance and some redundance, but not like that.

Second about the dice, below is what they advertised (from their FB page, and it was the same on the shop description). They said the dice will match the guilds, so we could expect that the 2 dice boxes will match the 2 guilds you get, which is not the case.

Third, I got 10 engineer dice, 5 hunter dice, 5 union dice with Hunter and Brewers as models. Would you say my dice match the guilds ?

And then, as we are entering the "picky" territory, they say you will get 2 x 1 dice pack, a guild ball dice pack is 10 of the same dice, so do I got 2 dice packs, or do I got 1 dice pack and 2 half-pack ?

Mystery Box BACK IN STOCK!

The demand for our mystery boxes has been HUGE! So much so that we sold out in the first 24 hours..but fear not!

We have sent our intrepid Steamforged Staffers deeper into the archive and managed to pull out some more treasures from the deep!

THESE ARE LIMITED IN QUANTITY!

Guaranteed to contain the following:

2x 6 Model Guilds

2x Dice Pack

1x Random Chibi Captain Card

1x Random Chibi Mascot Card

1x Brand New Limited Edition Chibi Captain Card

1x Brand New Limited Edition Chibi Captain Card

And more…

The Chibi Cards and Dice will match up to the Guilds!!

rsz_imageedit_1_9165324773.png.46f7cfe01cdd3012413baeca1cefecd6.png

9 hours ago, Siberys said:

This time the quote was on purpose! Also, apparently I'm out of attachment space on the forums now. :/

Got mine. Hunters and Brewers which is exactly what I wanted if Farmers couldn't be in the box. Brewer and Butcher dice which is fine as I'll trade the Butcher dice. Ballista Pin, Easter Fangtooth, Big league deck, S3 cards. Took much longer than it should have but happy enough with the results.

Well my friend got our order of three boxes in and surprisingly we got a box with no hunters!

We had hunters + brewers, Hunters + brewers, and Brewers + farmers. Which works out for me because I wanted hunters and lucked into farmers. Also got two ltd therons, and a mist. Overall I'm fine with it. My buddy mostly got it for prize support.

Mine arrived in California today. Got Hunters and Brewers, LE Theron, Obulus chibi pin, dice for engineers and brewers and chibi cards for Esters and Theron. Honestly I'm stoked. Even already having Hunters I'm happy. 

They shipped Royal Mail, which meant it was handed over to USPS (who are notoriously bad in my area) which counts not at all against them. Ship date was 8/25 so pretty much when they said they'd ship. 

One minor point of criticism - the address I gave them to ship to, and the address they put on the outside of the box, weren't identical. This might seem silly, but in my town if the address isn't exactly as I type it, more often than not my post office will refuse it. Interestingly, the package slip inside had the address on it as I'd typed it, so I'm not sure why they changed it on the package itself. Maybe it just seemed weird to the person typing the address label that my name has numbers in it, but trust me, if I add details like that when ordering, there's a reason. 

All in all though I'm happy with this, and it was a great deal. Communication could be improved, but hopefully lessons are being learned. :)

got my mystery box today in USA, Oregon 
brewers 6 hunters 8 engineers dice (exactly what i wanted) hunters dice LE Theron Obulous pin chibi cards(Esters, quaff, theron, fahad.)
Didn't get everything i wanted but I didn't get any doubles other than dice but i wanted that

Overall I'm pretty happy with everything other than the time it took to arrive. Wish I didn't get brewers, but not super dissapointed with getting a team i didn't have before. I did want hunters so I'm happy about that!

I got the same thing as you Blueboyz, but I got shorted a Scum, so I didn't get a full Brewers team.  I'm trying to decide if submitting a request is worth it vs. just going and picking one up.

Regardless, are you in greater Portland?  If so, we should play since I'm in Oregon too.

My box came in today. Metal kick off brewers and the 8 hunters. My dice packs were 10 Morticians dice, 5 hunters dice, and 5 union dice. Disappointed i did not get a full set of hunters dice. Overall i am happy with the product but due to no information about shipping and the length of time the package took to get here, i would not buy directly from Steamforged again. 

I think people are getting confused about the legal vs service issue the mystery box has run into. 

First thing is first, from a marketing perspective calling this a mystery box was a terrible decision. The word mystery clearly implies that steamforged themselves would not know exactly what each box would contain and there would be a chance for ANY guild to be in the box when in reality they knew exactly what was in it, it was only a mystery to the customer which is a direct bait and switch.

secondly think of the types of customer who would buy this. New players, older players and collectors \traders. Many people bought this box in the hopes they could mix and match with friends and get something they wanted. If you had supported the game from the very start and bought both the starter sets you were MORE likely to get screwed over by this product.

They should have called this a clearance box and said from the start "We will select randomly from the hunters, masons, brewers and excess farmers for a lucky few and add in some goodies" and nobody at all would have had a single complaint. Say what you want in steamforged defence the way they have marketed this product has been deceptive at best and underhanded at worst. 

Myself and several people I know have said they will refuse to buy from steamforged directly ever again, including backing them on KS. 

My two cents anyway (sorry for the wall of text)

Alright! Went in on a mystery box and we got: 

Brewer og 6

Hunters og 6 with Sheena and 2 Chaska!

Chibi Esters & Quaff Theron & Fahad

Chibi Honor & Marbles pin

Limited Edition Fangtooth

10x Hunter Dice

10x Union Dice 

Big League cards and S3 plots. 

Worked out pretty well! 

36 minutes ago, Selfy said:

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have a spare Chaska they want to get rid of?

Sure.  Someone donated the contents of two mystery boxes to the prize pool of a tournament at my flags out of sheer soul crushing disappointment.  I grabbed a Hunters box for just Seenah.  PM me and we'll work out the shipping.

7 hours ago, MechMage said:

Sure.  Someone donated the contents of two mystery boxes to the prize pool of a tournament at my flags out of sheer soul crushing disappointment.  I grabbed a Hunters box for just Seenah.  PM me and we'll work out the shipping.

Lol, thanks @MechMage, that's a very kind offer. It was a little joke though , that I just couldn't resist.

I do feel for you guys. Really I do.

The initial excitement gave way to disappointment as it became apparent that everyone got the same stuff.

I can't help but feel that SF have done themselves no favours with this episode.

@Selfy Lol, you burger punk. I too was ready to send you something you asked for. It's pretty easy for context to be lost in a comment as straight forward as yours was. Maybe clue us in when you are joking next time. 

Anyways, I agree that the lack of tracking info was annoying during this little adventure we all shared, and they did day the dice would match... but there really was a lot of value packed into these boxes. I would probably do it again.

32 minutes ago, Folkenhellfang said:

@Selfy Lol, you burger punk. I too was ready to send you something you asked for. It's pretty easy for context to be lost in a comment as straight forward as yours was. Maybe clue us in when you are joking next time. 

Anyways, I agree that the lack of tracking info was annoying during this little adventure we all shared, and they did day the dice would match... but there really was a lot of value packed into these boxes. I would probably do it again.

He he.

I can only say I'm sorry. :)

In my defence I realise that my humour is deadpan and is not immediately obvious from a written post.

I should have used a winking emoji.

;)

So, here's one. Sorry it's late. ;)

On 9/9/2017 at 5:40 PM, Antillese said:

I got the same thing as you Blueboyz, but I got shorted a Scum, so I didn't get a full Brewers team.  I'm trying to decide if submitting a request is worth it vs. just going and picking one up.

Regardless, are you in greater Portland?  If so, we should play since I'm in Oregon too.

Same, no scum in my brewers lineup. Granted, I've already got brewers so it's not a crushing blow by any means but still would have been nice :(

I'll let you know if I go through the process and what the response might be. I'm guessing they'll be a bit inundated for the time being.

I got my mystery box today!  I got Brewers and Hunters!  I actually have both teams already so I will be giving them to two other people.  Those were some great boxes for the money!  I also got a limited edition mist which I am excited about.  Thanks Steamforged!