Cadilon

SteamCon US Details?

Hey Folks

I am trying to decide if I can swing going to SteamCon US. I just had a couple of questions:

1. Is there (or will there be) a con room block? I am seeing room prices at about $166 right now.

2. What time will events start on Friday the 1st? I might be able to save a nights stay by coming on Friday, if its not too early.

Any thoughts?

A group of us already called the hotel and booked our rooms in advance. I didn't make the call, so I can't say what deal we used, but we're all locked in for SteamCon USA. Call the hotel and ask. I think we went with a Veterans discount or AAA, but still said our room was for SteamCon so that the Con got the credit for the booking.

As far as events, there will be the Nationals and "most likely" the last chance qualifier tournaments for that. Probably some other events like Captain, My Captain, Multi Ball Mayhem. Seminars might include painting / modeling, a Steamforged Press Conference, they'll be showing off their new games and models. Hopefully, they'll have a lot of vendors for widgets and more. We can get an ey 

Thanks Hmelrose. I spoke to steam forge staff at Gen Con and they were hopefully going to be getting and posting more info. I agree with Isante as I don't ever recall buying passes for a convention with no info other than date. I wanted be a part of this 1st time event, but hoping I don't regret pulling the trigger early on this.

Has there been anything further announced that perhaps I missed? Less than 60 days away. I kinda need to start thinking about the schedule so I know whether I need to get a room Thursday night or if I am able to drive-in Friday morning.

Thoughts?

I asked on the Twitters yesterday if we could get some information and the response was "Soon :)"

Don't know where the announcement is, but there is definitely an LCQ for nationals. Nationals will be a 16-player event and only six have qualified so far. At very least, one of those six isn't coming, so there are at least eleven open spots available at the LCQ.

I'm pretty shocked they are seemingly firing from the hip as much as they are. I have NEVER bought a ticket to any convention or ANYTHING without there being literally SOME KIND of schedule or even just list of events. I am disappointed. Even on the pundit side of things in the facebook group there is nothing but "soon" if questions get answered at all. I'm going to voice my frustration at SteamCon, seems ludicrous to put up tickets that early but not tell you what you're paying for.

With any luck we should have info within a week though, I can't imagine us getting less than 30days worth of notice. I think SteamCon UK got exactly a month notice.

15 minutes ago, Atras said:

We're 2 weeks and 2 days away from this now.  Did I miss the schedule release?

We're 2 weeks and 2 days from SteamCon UK, but SteamCon US is a month away.

Would still be nice to have any details at all, though, I agree.

12 minutes ago, Atras said:

We're 2 weeks and 2 days away from this now.  Did I miss the schedule release?

We're a month out from SteamCon USA, it starts December 1st. But no you haven't missed anything. The list of events was to be released on the 19th of October but as of yet there has been no word. Have asked in pundits facebook page with no response.

Stupid me, we still have almost a whole month.  Got my PAX Unplugged date confused with my Steamcon date.  I better go check my plane tickets...

Heard rumors there is a event schedule floating around on twitter, but still no email or mention on the web site. You would think we could get a little customer service at this late in game?

Ok not sure if this has been asked somewhere else.  I bought my ticket to steamcon and even purchased my LCQ ticket.  That being said with everything being digital am I going to have to present an email to gain entry?  Will they have a file of some sort and need my ID to make sure I am who i say i am?

1 hour ago, Riozaki said:

Ok not sure if this has been asked somewhere else.  I bought my ticket to steamcon and even purchased my LCQ ticket.  That being said with everything being digital am I going to have to present an email to gain entry?  Will they have a file of some sort and need my ID to make sure I am who i say i am?

I'd bring your ID. I bet they do it like Adepticon and just have everyone's stuff with a name tag on it that you claim. Our British cohorts might have more insight.