Sign in to follow this  
OctaBit

Blacksmith painting schemes

Something to generate some discussion while we wait for the last round of blacksmith spoilers.

What paint schemes are you guys thinking of using? I'm planning on trying something a bit new for me. I was going to do straight black with a white highlight, and then a certain bit used for some red or orange osl. For furnace and cinder I was going to use their quivers as well as cinders arrow.

The best example I can think of is to the battlefield 3 cover. I also like this scheme because it's pretty easy and I'm super lazy when it comes to painting. :P

So what are you guys planning on using for a scheme?

Well now that's just cheating...

...but if you happen to have some extra Smith's lying around I might know a guy who would take them off your hands...

<.<

>.>

3 hours ago, OctaBit said:

Well now that's just cheating...

...but if you happen to have some extra Smith's lying around I might know a guy who would take them off your hands...

<.<

>.>

;D Mat is one of the lead Designers of Guild Ball and founder of Steamforged Games.

Think he do have some more, but will sell them at GenCon^^

I'll paint them dark metal, light silver and some charred flesh tones. While clothing I'll do creamy whites.
All weaponry I'll try to paint as if made of stone
Mako crazy to ask but would you somehow be able to pick a box for me?

4 minutes ago, Larhendiel said:

Mako crazy to ask but would you somehow be able to pick a box for me?

One per customer unfortunately, I can only pick them up for myself :P

In colour terms, I'm planning something colourful and excessive. But is anyone surprised by that?

1 hour ago, Mako said:

My only excuse is I booked before the blacksmiths were announced :P

I said it isn't reasonable just for the Blacksmith.

Like fly, buy, fly back. Attending the hole GenCon is a totally different matter. :D

32 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I said it isn't reasonable just for the Blacksmith.

Like fly, buy, fly back. Attending the hole GenCon is a totally different matter. :D

It's worth the insane cost for the four day extravaganza of madness... being able to walk into any cafe, restaurant or bar in downtown Indy and seeing people playing board games, card games, RPGs, some wearing costumes and everyone having a laugh is surreal!

You can't afford any other holidays for a few years, but it's an awesome time :)

How'd you get that "anodized" effect?

For my part, if I ever get these guys I'll probably be doing a more sooty wrought-iron look with some light rust, but I'm a sucker for rust.

@Siberys It's deceptively simple - just painted silver (three colours of it from near-black to bright) then glazed with green, blue, purple and chestnut inks and a final retouch of the highlight after to tone it down (You can see the difference in the hammer before and after the inks on my thread if you're curious, so I don't clog up this one with half finished stuff :D )

Soot and rust is a great effect, will be interesting to see it!