DocSchlock

Witness Me! clarification ruling versus timing charts

My group has started up Guild Ball and on a lark, read over the Pundit questions. Reading the timing chart in the back of the Season 3 rulebook, we came to the conclusion that in the 8-10 vKatalyst and Witness Me! example, the Alchemist's would lose, following the logic that vKatalyst's Taken-out condition would go through the full Taken Out Sequence before the additional +2 VP are gained.

We were surprised when we found out the clarification ruling was it was simultaneous and a tie, found here:
http://forums.steamforged.com/index.php?/topic/33120-vet-katalyst-win-lose-or-draw/

We were wondering what the exact rules basis was for this, given the timing charts. 

Apologies for bringing this back up, but we just wanted to make sure we have the rules clear as to why this ruling is as it is.

Welcome to the forum.

Step 4 of the 'Sequence of Taking a Model Out' states "Gain any VP for inflicting the taken-out condition.".

The [+2] VP from Witness Me! are additional to the normal VPs generated so are applied at the same step.

During step 4, the Alchemist team would gain 4 VP and the other team 2 VP, resulting in the score being 12-12.

Ah, I think I understand. The VPs generated by Witness Me! are directly generated for inflicting the original taken-out condition, so they get collected during Step 4 of the original taken-out model's sequence.

That makes complete sense. Thank you!