Sign in to follow this  
Pending Forum Suspension

Well that kinda hurt - July 2017 errata

I think we're stuck with Stagger until at least Season 4 when all things will (in theory at least) be looked at again.

Listening to the members of SFG when they went on the various podcasts after the errata to explain it I got the impression they all thought Stagger was a more than suitable enough power for Shark to have because he is such a strong goal scoring piece.

2 hours ago, Banjulhu said:

I think we're stuck with Stagger until at least Season 4 when all things will (in theory at least) be looked at again.

Listening to the members of SFG when they went on the various podcasts after the errata to explain it I got the impression they all thought Stagger was a more than suitable enough power for Shark to have because he is such a strong goal scoring piece.

During interviews about the season 3 update, the developers said that they did not plan to have another large rework in the future. They sort of made it sound "as needed" and not necessarily "season 4 will have definitely not have as big an update as 3." But I'm personally not holding my breath that we will see alot of changes. 

Also, I'm pretty sure stagger is just penance for how crazy G+S was. I'm hoping that maybe they have some plans to mix up the core rules a little bit to address kicking vs fighting and Shark maybe levels out that way? As is though, stagger is a big ole poo pile and I honestly couldn't hate it more. It has really shined a light on how mediocre Jac and Kraken's playbooks are too. Fish lack the tools to make use of it like at all. I still just don't see the point. 

Try to get the ball from friday when Esters puts +Def on her and Spigot is around.

6/1 is just scary. Most Fish got their Tackle in the second column, means you'll need three sixes to get the ball from her.

Friday going to 6+/1 and possessing the ball is not just a problem for Shark, Corsair would have the same issues. However Fish have one of the easiest solutions to that tactic.

Siren + 2" melee + Spigot's Face + Seduced = Fish ball

7 hours ago, TimBo said:

Try to get the ball from friday when Esters puts +Def on her and Spigot is around.

6/1 is just scary. Most Fish got their Tackle in the second column, means you'll need three sixes to get the ball from her.

Virtually the same can be achieved with Hooper putting her at 5/2. The solution being Siren seducing off the nearby Spigot, pulling Spigot out of range, or just ignoring it and ganging up on the few players they have left to commit to fighting. While I do agree that it's a valid use, I don't see it as enough reason to include Esters through her downsides since there are other options for the same trick.

But it's way harder to seduce a DEF 6 Friday than a DEF 5 Friday. Ok, so let's say you Lure Spigot away and charge her with Shark. There's a good chance that she's in cover and Defensive stances. That's 9 Dice needing 3 sixes, and after that 5 Dice needing 3 fives. If you try to gang up on the Brewer's players you're just playing into their game. They'll just score Takeouts every two activation.

Esters gives the DEF Buff without using INF, she can control the Board with her AOEs and her team can still beat you to death.

I keep on playing Corsair in Brewers, and I'm quit successfull with it.

But hey, I'm from the weird German Meta, so maybe I'm just wrong ;)

Ok, that might work. I acutally never tried that.

Means you have to keep Spigot more than 11" away form Siren, which is quit a distance. And Siren will most probably get a good beating.

It doesn't have to be Spigot, it can by any low DEF Brewer close to Friday without 2 inch melee ( so they can't retaliate). But Spigot fits all of these criteria as he has to be within 4 inches of Friday to grant the +DEF. You charge Spigot, have Friday pass you the ball (which she is very good at), dodge 4 inches away from that pass, use your last influence to pass the ball again and dodge another 4 inches. Should see you safe enough from retaliation. Not foolproof as your opponent also plays in that game, but a good option.

On a charge Siren is likely to wrap her book against the 3+/1 Spigot (getting 4 sucesses after armour) giving her a momentous :<: just to further enable her escape.

Brewers in general are probably the only matchup left where a Shark and Siren tandem has lost little to nothing.

3 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

On a charge Siren is likely to wrap her book against the 3+/1 Spigot (getting 4 sucesses after armour) giving her a momentous :<: just to further enable her escape.

Brewers in general are probably the only matchup left where a Shark and Siren tandem has lost little to nothing.

That's right, but as soon as Spigot Def Stances you don't even reliably hit the Seduced...

56 minutes ago, TimBo said:

I keep on playing Corsair in Brewers, and I'm quit successfull with it.

But hey, I'm from the weird German Meta, so maybe I'm just wrong ;)

I think Corsair is great vs Esters actually. She can't hang in the fight as well as Tapper. 

Stagger and KD the target for maximum seduction through defensive stance!

We're going pretty far down the counter-teching counter-tech for counter-tech rabbit whole at this point hahaha. At any rate from my experience Brewers on either captain are one of the few I'd be comfortable running Shark into still.