Jump to content
TheLieutenant

CAGE BALL THREAD

Recommended Posts

You know what is gonna sound silly? I wish it was in an actual cage. With pushes into the side / wall causing damage, the ball bouncing off the wall and so on. 

I'll be quiet now and go back to playing speedball like it's 1992.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew Jones said:

You know what is gonna sound silly? I wish it was in an actual cage. With pushes into the side / wall causing damage, the ball bouncing off the wall and so on. 

I'll be quiet now and go back to playing speedball like it's 1992.

That would be completely awesome!!

And TBH, that was what I expected when I saw the tittle :lol:

A match like those old Nike commercials...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played a game of this tonight with @Gauntlet. It just felt like a normal game of guild ball but quicker. Itbdidnt quite have the tension tjat you get out of a normal game, and didnt feel like it hadcyhe same depth of strategy, but did feel like we were playing guild ball rather than some other game. We put 25 mins on our clocks and got nowhere near timing out, so 1hr games would be very doable. We did play Vet rage vs Ox so It was pretty brutal, which might have helped make it faster. Sone players and captains will obviously do better in this format than standard, but nothing particularly negative to report.

4 hours ago, Andrew Jones said:

You know what is gonna sound silly? I wish it was in an actual cage. With pushes into the side / wall causing damage, the ball bouncing off the wall and so on. 

I'll be quiet now and go back to playing speedball like it's 1992.

At last a computer game reference I understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Andrew Jones said:

You know what is gonna sound silly? I wish it was in an actual cage. With pushes into the side / wall causing damage, the ball bouncing off the wall and so on. 

I'll be quiet now and go back to playing speedball like it's 1992.

:o That would be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played it last night, Butchers vs Masons. 

Game was a lot faster and still felt like Guild Ball. Much prefer this demo format to the current one. 

WIth a 2' board, support from the wing was more useful straight off the bat. WIth only 4 models out there, Pain Corcle, Blood Rain and Scything blow weren't as effective, but we don't really feel as if that's that big of an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did this format die off? Wondering because my local league is really starting to complain about game length, and are thinking of focusing on other games... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, xiontawa said:

Did this format die off? Wondering because my local league is really starting to complain about game length, and are thinking of focusing on other games... :(

Cage ball isn’t in there, but it could be worth a look at the mob football association variants:

Guild+Ball+MFA.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xiontawa ... are your local league guys playing "on-clock"... I know we're all pretty new around my league but we've been using clocks for league to keep things moving at a good pace. (Good practice to move on to tournaments where it's mandatory too).

Cage Ball is great fun too though. http://steamforged.com/resources/ will have the link to the pdf of the Mob Association Rules where there is Cage Ball details. ( @Mako link is broken for me... but that's where it was leading to I think)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malritch said:

@xiontawa ... are your local league guys playing "on-clock"... I know we're all pretty new around my league but we've been using clocks for league to keep things moving at a good pace. (Good practice to move on to tournaments where it's mandatory too).

Cage Ball is great fun too though. http://steamforged.com/resources/ will have the link to the pdf of the Mob Association Rules where there is Cage Ball details. ( @Mako link is broken for me... but that's where it was leading to I think)

 

I brought up playing "on clock" and I got a resounding "we'd rather not have to do that". So I'll definitely be looking into the Cage Ball details. Thanks! :)

 

Edit: The Mob Association Rules don't seem to include any info on Cage Ball. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not in the current mob football document, but that doesn't mean you can't play it :)

I only mentioned the MFA  as I thought it might give you other things to play as well as cage ball, if you ever needed it :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mako said:

It's not in the current mob football document, but that doesn't mean you can't play it :)

I only mentioned the MFA  as I thought it might give you other things to play as well as cage ball, if you ever needed it :D

 

Oh, awesome! Thank you sir! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally lurk on the GB facebook page, but stumbled across cage ball earlier today. While it looks like it would work well for quick games, do you see it as more of a guild-rat (non-professional players) type system? After reading the blog about it, I had images of it being played in back alleys by players trying to emulate their heroes, or players hoping to be spotted by scouts. How hard would it be to create player profiles of fledgling player (reduced stats, skill etc) that could create a development system for a team? I am definitely going to try and use this to encourage Guild ball in my local area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×