10 hours ago, Valorci said:

12-9 against Jaque's Alchemists. Engineers were able to edge out a victory. Hope you feel better, Jaque...

Great game, great opponent

52 minutes ago, byronthebear said:

@VanV @dtjunkie19 @Penguin Warrior @Monolith-Swats 

I do see a report from your match, we will be moving on to the next round but if this happens again without a excuse you will be banned.

Myself and @Penguin Warrior Are playing 9 pm tonight due to life issues with myself.

If this is not satisfactory then put me down as a 12 - 0 loss as it was 100 Percent my fault.

Round 3 Result ( probably too late but hey ho)

Tom W. (Morticians) 12 - 6 Sam Lillie (Hunters)

Great game and a fantastic chilled out opponent.

Was an example of how much hurt the new version of Avarisse and Greed can put out.

Oh and Vassal dice....

@Slothrop congratulations on winning the last match and, since that makes you the only undefeated contestant, the whole thing as well.

Did you play Thresher in all 4 matches? If a nerf bat is slapping anyone soon, I'm pretty much sure who will be the target. :)

2 hours ago, Sid said:

@Slothrop congratulations on winning the last match and, since that makes you the only undefeated contestant, the whole thing as well.

Did you play Thresher in all 4 matches? If a nerf bat is slapping anyone soon, I'm pretty much sure who will be the target. :)

If I would have to guess he not only played with Thresher all the way but with the following lineup in all games: Thresher, Buckwheat, Tater, Harrow, Millstone and Jackstraw. These six can work together like no other group. And obviously: Thresher is the new Midas.

Disclaimer: the Farmers could be OP but this doesn't deduct anything from the merits of the cup's champion, who deserve a congratulation!

4 hours ago, Sid said:

2 hours ago, Csonti said:

If I would have to guess he not only played with Thresher all the way but with the following lineup in all games: Thresher, Buckwheat, Tater, Harrow, Millstone and Jackstraw. These six can work together like no other group. And obviously: Thresher is the new Midas.

Disclaimer: the Farmers could be OP but this doesn't deduct anything from the merits of the cup's champion, who deserve a congratulation!

Thanks guys! You nailed the lineup I played, though if I ran into Brewers or a Farmers mirror I would likely have taken Peck. There would be other situations I would take Peck as well if I could choose mascot after the initiative roll, but no dice. C'est la vie.

FWIW I don't really think Thresher needs a nerf, I think I've just been playing against people who are inexperienced in the matchup. Farmers are a weird guild so I think they take weird tactics to beat. For instance, a focus on destroying key Harvest Markers is important, and not always a waste of INF since charges are more likely to wrap against Farmers than any other guild. Holding certain fast players' activations till late in the turn to make sure Jackstraw has to compromise on where to put Thresher's DFT Harvest Markers is a great idea for turn one. Also, I kicked off in 3 of my 4 games, and nobody committed to KDing Thresher—Millstone only stops that if Thresher's counter is gonna save him, and if you can get base-to-base his counterattack won't do much but make you spend Momentum. Finally, 2" melee with a KD (Corsair, Colossus, Tapper, Blackheart) is a good choice against the Farmers in basically any situation. My opponents were all good opponents and caught on to these ideas after the fact I think, but inexperience in a matchup is always rough. 

I'd be pretty sad if Thresher got nerfed before he even got to see real tournament tabletime, by the way. Especially since I consider Grange a bad gamble with a huge downside in the current OPD—Thresher is the guild's only good kickoff model! I would play Grange when receiving in most matchups if I could choose captain after initiative, but we can't, so I always play the "initiative-agnostic" Thresher. 

EDIT: Also I'm a lucky duck—I played against Hunters before the errata, and Fish after. :P

Brewers (Sid) 12-2 Union (MechMage)

Cheer for the match, better luck with the dice next time you are rolling (be it GB or something else). ;)

2 hours ago, Sid said:

Brewers (Sid) 12-2 Union (MechMage)

Cheer for the match, better luck with the dice next time you are rolling (be it GB or something else). ;)

I don't mean to imply anything by it, but it sure is a coincidence that Sid makes a new version of the Vassal GB model the same day that Mist misses 7 out of 8 dice on a charge into Tapper. <_<

We tried to arrange our game with RandomScrub but almost 8 hours difference made it hard. On top of that my family holiday starts two days earlier than was planned before so I could not offer a weekend time slot. Therefore the win goes to RandomScrub. I'm sorry we couldn't duke it out on the field.