TheCurkov

Guild Ball Gotchas Ep. 3: Superior Strategy and the Mallet Missile

Forum! The newest episode of Guild Ball Gotchas is up! Episode 4 for Patrons should be up early tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Welcome to the Third episode of Guild Ball Gotchas where I go through the biggest surprises and powerful combinations in Guild Ball and walk you through how to play around them. This episode we are covering Honour's signature Character Play Superior Strategy.

Special thanks go out to Nick Kleeman, Zachary Poulos, and Alex Botts for assisting with this video.
The GBG Logo was designed by Dano Amonette. His Instgram is https://www.instagram.com/deadpoolxanko/?hl=en
Game was filmed at Grognard Games in Hoffman Estates. Their Website can be found here: http://grognardgames.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @TheCurkov https://mobile.twitter.com/thecurkov

I miss the lovely Harmony. Sup Strat can also work with her first turn to build up ball threat on the other side of the board (opposite to where Flint made the kick).

You joke but I think that with Benediction, Red Fury and Quick Time are going to make veteran Rage a lot trickier than people would expect

On 7/14/2017 at 7:09 PM, Frostmane said:

Between Strongbox and Scum with Sic 'Em there's a reasonable episode about mascot murder

Flask could be a part of this too, but he's not as bad as those two.

3 hours ago, Ranthoron said:

Flask could be a part of this too, but he's not as bad as those two.

I must be missing something with Strongbox, because I don't get why he's particularly murder-y with Sic 'Em. Can somebody enlighten me?

17 minutes ago, landstander said:

I must be missing something with Strongbox, because I don't get why he's particularly murder-y with Sic 'Em. Can somebody enlighten me?

His playbook is short and thanks to Shelling Out his tac is naturally high for it.  He has +1 damage on every column and is usually run with a Captain who can add +1 to playbook damage results.  The end result is that he scales better with tac buffs than any other model in the game.  I've had a Red Furied Strongbox take a Singled Out Ghast from nearly full to Taken Out in 2 swings under My Gang.

17 minutes ago, landstander said:

Because he's TAC 3 with a 2 column playbook and 2 dmg on 2, so he can wrap really well into a healthy bit of damage.  Since he's slow and the rest of his team wants to be near him for the aura, it's likely anything he goes in on with Sic Em will have at least 1 Gang Up.  Suppose it's V.Rage's legendary turn, and there's only a single friendly model engaging a 3/1 that has been knocked down in his aura.  Strongbox has an 82.2% chance of doing 9 damage on the charge.

10 hours ago, MechMage said:

His playbook is short and thanks to Shelling Out his tac is naturally high for it.  He has +1 damage on every column and is usually run with a Captain who can add +1 to playbook damage results.  The end result is that he scales better with tac buffs than any other model in the game.  I've had a Red Furied Strongbox take a Singled Out Ghast from nearly full to Taken Out in 2 swings under My Gang.

10 hours ago, Arkin said:

Because he's TAC 3 with a 2 column playbook and 2 dmg on 2, so he can wrap really well into a healthy bit of damage.  Since he's slow and the rest of his team wants to be near him for the aura, it's likely anything he goes in on with Sic Em will have at least 1 Gang Up.  Suppose it's V.Rage's legendary turn, and there's only a single friendly model engaging a 3/1 that has been knocked down in his aura.  Strongbox has an 82.2% chance of doing 9 damage on the charge.

Ok, got it. But both of those scenarios require some set up for maximum scary. I was thinking Flask and Scum are pretty good w/ Sic 'Em on their own, though I didn't realize Strongbox applies Shelling Out to his own attacks. But thanks for the info.