Hi, I have a few questions about the dark souls board game rules.

I am not very experienced with this type of games and some questions might be perceived as silly, but i just want to make sure i get all these correctly.

1) Assassin heroic ability states that you can attack for 0 stamina after a dodge. does this mean any attack? can i choose his strongest (and most stamina-expensive) attack and perform it for 0 stamina?

2) Lightning-gem states that magical damage is added to the weapon - does this this mean that all the damage the weapon does from now on is magic damage? and what if the weapon its attached to already has a magic component to it?

3) poison damage - is it resisted by enemy block/resistance values?, also if multiple poison attacks are made in a single turn against a single enemy; can it have multiple poision counters on it?

4) character movement - as i understood you can either move and than attack OR attack and than move. so you cannot move-attack-move again right?

5) i encountered a boss-behaviour card (i think it was the winged knight) that has an Arced attack on it which only shows a weak-arc and 3 normal arcs, no green attack arcs. where does this hit? i thought the green arcs were the only arcs that the attack would land, this seems to be incorrect(?) and if this is incorrect, what is the difference between a normal (black) Arc and an attack (green) arc?

Hi lordherpie,

1) I think so. Since it is a once per run special ability, it has to be enough strong but choose the best timing to use it.

2) This weapon will have all its physical damages converted to magical. If it has a magical attack, it remains a magical attacks.

3) Poison damage is not resisted by ennemy defense/resist values. A character cannot have multiple token of the same type on him.

4) right !

5) Hum this card may have a nearest or aggro character icon. In a such case, the attack will hit the target of this icon. Basically, green arcs are available on boss arc diagram when arc icon is also available (please check at the back cover of the rulebook to check it; it is a kind of circle + arcs). So on a boss attack you can have either :

- nearest character icon + no green arc on diagram

- aggro icon + no green arc on diagram

- arc icon + green arc on diagram

And on a very rare case, you can have:

- nearest character icon + green arc on diagram

- aggro icon + green arc on diagram

In such case, targeted character has to be inside the arc to be hit.

I hope it will answer your questions.

You can also read the following threads:

See you,

Alex.

Number 4 has a caveat that some abilities (the Warrior's heroic Berserk Charge) and weapons with the shift icon allow movement which isn't part of the walk or run you can only do before or after attacking so with the right hero and/or weapon you can move both before and after an attack (or with a dual wielding warrior, berserk charge move - one hand attack - shift icon move + other hand attack - run away.). 

Thanks, I am now a few games in. some successful, some not as much :D

I am pretty clear on most rules now, but still have had a couple of instances where boss (or enemy) movement had me confused.

I see most questions here are related to that, so I don't feel to silly about it (:p) but even after reading around on this forum I still am not entirely sure about movement and pushing. is there a simple way of summarizing how movement, attacking and pushing should be resolved? for example:

an enemy moves for 2 spaces with push (which has +1 attack), and than attacks for 1 with push effect also on the attack

1) first resolve push, pushing any players from his node

2) then move towards the target 1 node

3) resolve second push if anyone is on the node, and resolve the damage

4) 2nd node movement towards the target

5) resolve push again, including another instant of damage

6) resolve the attack if the target is in range

7) resolve the push again.

is this the correct order of resolving the actions?

Another thing that confuses me is the way the player is pushed. normal enemy pushing seems simple enough, you can just roll to any adjacent node correct?

but boss pushing means you have to roll to any node within the arc that he is approaching you from (or hitting you from), correct? ive seen a couple of youtube videos but it seems to me that they didn't all handle it the same way, so some might have implemented boss movement wrong or just made a mistake resulting in my confusion.

also, the moment that the boss faces his target, when is this implemented in the cascade of actions to be resolved (so where in my example above with step 1 to 7, would boss facing be resolved). every time he starts movement, or every time he activates, or every node he moves? Sorry for asking questions that are probably already answered here on the forum, I'm just a bit confused by all the information I'm getting (also English isn't my native language :P which might have added to my misunderstanding of the game mechanics here and there).

You are correct in all accounts above:

-your steps are correct

-node jumping is correct: only if you are NOT in the same node as the enemy, then you actually have to select from certain farthest nodes from the enemy as per rules (e.g. you dodge-moved out from the enemy node failing the dodge roll or the enemy attack is a ranged one that pushes).

-with boss, must obey the arc. if next to wall, then slide to either side following the wall. It is possible that peolpe play it incorrectly even on youtube. Dodge-move again makes this a bit trickier, but even after that the push must obey the arc he is then in (if he failed the dodge-roll).

To your facing question: in every step of movement the facing is checked. This is for a movement that has  "nearest" or "aggro" icon. facing is not changed if neither icon is not present in that action. In your steps, facing would happen in steps 1.5 and 3.5 (before movement steps).

See 

that was really helpful, thanks

and again, if i was asking about things already stated elsewhere on the forum, i am sorry for the inconvenience. doing my best reading up on everything, which has already resulted in me finding most answers to questions i had. these questions i ask above are mostly stuff i wasnt sure about if i understood correctly. thanks for taking the time to clear them up for me.