When a boss wins and the characters rest at the bonfire, does the boss reset as do encounter cards? Does he heal, does he return to the start node? Or is he frozen until the characters return? 

I'm sorry if I missed that, but where is it said in the rulebook that the Boss deck is redrawn and shuffled again after the player is resting at the bonfire?

10 hours ago, Schadows said:

I'm sorry if I missed that, but where is it said in the rulebook that the Boss deck is redrawn and shuffled again after the player is resting at the bonfire?

You go through the entire Boss Encounter set up each time you enter the encounter, which includes building the deck. Per page 28, the Boss deck is actually built after you place the boss, place the party and assign aggro. (Though I'm sure many players do this before-hand, to speed up the boss set-up.)

Indeed, now that I look at it, it can be understand like that too (and probably should be).

Personally, I understood it as that's how you set up the boss encounter ... once and for all, as soon as you enter the fog gate for the 1st time, and to be honest, I won't redraw and reshuffle the boss deck each time I enter the boss tile, because it is not very "dark souls" to have a enemy change it's pattern each new "life".