Lumpyseven

Ooh Ball - Directly Towards, Directly Over?

Hi guys, with Snow's Ooh Ball, Snow can make a free jog directly towards the ball. From what I understand, this means that Snow must move in a straight line towards the ball, and at no point be further away from the ball than when he started.

Does this mean that Snow can jog towards the ball to get into base contact... but then actually travel directly OVER the ball, but end his move still in base contact with the ball? As this means that snow is still touching it, and therefore hasn't moved further away from the ball?

Directly towards means "along the line between the centre points of the model or marker and the target". And since the distance must always decrease, if you go over the ball you won't comply with this requirement. And as a model can't overlap the marker, the closest you can get going directly towards is base contact (near side).

Just now, Sid said:

Directly towards means "along the line between the centre points of the model or marker and the target". And since the distance must always decrease, if you go over the ball you won't comply with this requirement. And as a model can't overlap the marker, the closest you can get going directly towards is base contact (near side).

Good point!

I thought models could move over markers, just not end their movement overlapping them.  Does this means hunters can't pass over their own pitfall and trap-markers?

This is only specific to when moving directly towards a marker or model, as Ooooh... Ball! does. Normal movement is unaffected and can freely pass over markers.

26 minutes ago, Henry said:

This is only specific to when moving directly towards a marker or model, as Ooooh... Ball! does. Normal movement is unaffected and can freely pass over markers.

I think I understand.  This is because distance is measured edge to edge so movement over leaves the distance constantly at 0 which isn't decreasing, correct?