Sign in to follow this  
Kueller

Season Four Solthecian Player

10 hours ago, Saje said:

Do they? Where is that written? I don't remember reading that, not questioning you just honestly curious about that as I don't remember that in the fluff...

I'm not sure it is written but @Sherwin has mentioned it on a podcast.

I certainly included it in a summary here: https://leaddiceandbeers.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/solthecius/

9 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

I'm not sure it is written but @Sherwin has mentioned it on a podcast.

I certainly included it in a summary here: https://leaddiceandbeers.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/solthecius/

Yes, that's where I saw it.

Edit: Hey Sherwin, don't even think about pinching my Avarisse and Greede storyline. Unless you're getting the chequebook out. ?

Bit late to the party with this one but looking at "Union" box 1 and 2 the players not already in a box are:

sBrisket

Grace

Benny

Mist

Harry

With that in mind I do think there is a high chance we will see a 3rd Union mascot sooner rather than later although as Compound is in two boxes there is nothing to say the box won't have either of the previous mascots.

Discussing this in the pub we decided that keeping in theme with the other Union mascots it will possibly have some monetary connection and being of religious theme we were anticipating some sort of collection plate either attached to the mascot or on it's base (perch)

Keeping to the bird theme I like the theory of of an owl visually, but as the Solthecian faith uses the sun as an icon and owls are largely nocturnal I don't know if it fits thematically. I can see potentially a smaller bird, either a dove or a hawk (Suntail Hawk for anyone who plays MTG or knows how to google)

Other than that, there is always the chance of the first "veteran" mascot, Princess would be entertaining although I feel she is closer to Boiler and Ox after the S3 Brisket changes to remove "Attack Support"... or, there's always vSalt to give them the best mascot striker in the game.. 

I know it doesn't matter for the game, but story wise I feel Coin doesn't fit as a Solthecian mascot, as he is dead by the time Seasoned Brisket etc. arrive. Unless they got another snake and gave it the same name!

8 minutes ago, ADG said:

I know it doesn't matter for the game, but story wise I feel Coin doesn't fit as a Solthecian mascot, as he is dead by the time Seasoned Brisket etc. arrive. Unless they got another snake and gave it the same name!

I feel the same, Fluff wise Solthecian need a new Mascot! I think the next Civil War with be about the Union and the Breakup of the Guild. 

What about a peacock, or an ostrich? The first is a big, coloured bird, and the second is a bigger, fast one.

And as a football backup ability, the mascot can help to the mobility, for example:

Powerful flapping (4" Aura): Other friendly Guild models within this aura can make a Sprint as a Standard-Advance without spending Influence.

Rich Loxam said something on a Twitch Q&A stream after the Guild Ball nationals about having seen a new sculpt (or two) of Salt I think ...

I know there is chibi Salt and maybe he just meant that, but maybe hope for Veteran Salt is real? (Or maybe alt sculpt Salt??)

6 minutes ago, ADG said:

Rich Loxam said something on a Twitch Q&A stream after the Guild Ball nationals about having seen a new sculpt (or two) of Salt I think ...

I know there is chibi Salt and maybe he just meant that, but maybe hope for Veteran Salt is real? (Or maybe alt sculpt Salt??)

How Is this to do with Solthecian? lol

On 13/07/2017 at 0:15 PM, Redtiger7 said:

Union is only 1 mascot away from being able to fill 3 complete teams (no overlaps) I'm wondering if we'll see one popping up sooner rather than later. 

And then we could see a Fully-Unionized WTC team!? :o

On 31/07/2017 at 12:48 AM, Selfy said:

In my story Avarisse dies and Greede converts Flask into a mobility scooter so he can still get around. After a while he gets bored of his pimped up ride, steals a war eagle from Gandalf, breaks into the Solthecian church and terrorises peace doves for the pure hell of it. The end.

I can see this happening in the near future! I'm so excited!

34 minutes ago, Selfy said:

It's a mudder fudging lion!

I love It! Called Pride and Seasoned Spigot, I can't wait for (:

57 minutes ago, Redtiger7 said:

Called it! (New Mascot for church) That means I win something, right? Free Solethcian box? Right? Right? 

...Anyone?

I think you'll find that I suggested lion!

Free Solthecian Box? Cheers, don't mind if I do!

Most of you were settling for a clockwork owl, whereas I was thinking much bigger, baby!

Sweet baby Jesus, I've just seen the screenshot of Solthecian Harry!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt that he died and will be resurrected again!!!!!!!!

He is the son of Solthecius!!!!!!

Remind you of anyone?

22 hours ago, Selfy said:

Sweet baby Jesus, I've just seen the screenshot of Solthecian Harry!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt that he died and will be resurrected again!!!!!!!!

He is the son of Solthecius!!!!!!

Remind you of anyone?

The lion from that wardrobe?  :ph34r: