Sign in to follow this  
Kueller

Season Four Solthecian Player

What Solthecian players would people like to see In Season Four?

Number one I would love to see a Solthecian themed Mascot, for some reason I have always thought of an Owl for them.

I would like to see an Attacking Midfielder, a mysterious Warrior Monk type, since we have Defensive Midfielder, Winger and two Strikers.

I would be great to be able to field a whole Solthecian team on the Pitch.

I'm definitely with you on the mascot, would be great to have that last spot in an all-Solthecian team filled... and Owls are awesome so that's always a winner for me :) 

A goalkeeper or attacking midfielder would be good, though the warrior monk trope is so badly overused these days I hope SFG do something new and inventive if they do use it!

5 minutes ago, Mako said:

I'm definitely with you on the mascot, would be great to have that last spot in an all-Solthecian team filled... and Owls are awesome so that's always a winner for me :) 

A goalkeeper or attacking midfielder would be good, though the warrior monk trope is so badly overused these days I hope SFG do something new and inventive if they do use it!

I'm sure they would! (: I would still like to see new player In the Ornate armour and a mask. 

Just now, Kueller said:

I'm sure they would! (: I would still like to see new player In the Ornate armour and a mask. 

Oh, the same armour style as Grace and Benediction? Yeah, I'd consider that far enough away from the 'bald man in loose trousers and no shirt'... Bonesaw skirts close to that, but I'll forgive him because he's only an ex monk and such a fun model to paint :P

6 hours ago, MechMage said:

I think a cool goal keeper would be a player level lobotomized, brainwashed, Solthecian seasoned Rage.

Awesome Idea lol I think Rage will be a gonna soon.

1 hour ago, Selfy said:

There's got to be a mascot on the cards surely? Brisket is the only captain that doesn't have one as far as I'm aware!

Maybe a Solthecian mascot would be a lamb.  It's tough to think of what it might have that would compete with Shelling Out and Bag of Coffers though.  Maybe it has Team Player and Loved Creature to keep it on par with the other Union mascots.

Staying in the vain of odd support models with some sort of arc node ability, a preist support model that hands out a "communion" on his turn might be cool. Would have to be a hag type support model. Has a heroic/legendary where it can take an influence from one model within 4 inches and give it to another friendly model within 4 along with an out of turn activation to make one action. I think something along those lines would play into sbriskets jankyness, set up ben super well, give use to graces buffs out of activation. Make soneone faster etc.

Union is only 1 mascot away from being able to fill 3 complete teams (no overlaps) I'm wondering if we'll see one popping up sooner rather than later. 

My thoughts on a Solthecian mascot, it's a mechanical owl just like the one in clash of the titans 

Clockwork

Mascot, Mechanica, Solthecian

Mov.   Tac.  Kick.   Def.   Arm.   Inf. 

6/8       2      2/4      4+       1       1/4

<   :<<:

1   :1:     (The circles are momentous)

Character Plays

Wind up: CST 1 RNG S ZON - SUS X OPT X

This model may make a [1"] Dodge

Traits

Holy creation [Solthecian]:

At the start of this model's activation if it is within [6"] of a friendly model of the named type this model gains [1] INF

Wizened scholar:

When making a TN test this model may use Bonus Time! without spending MP

Flying

3 hours ago, Saje said:

My thoughts on a Solthecian mascot, it's a mechanical owl just like the one in clash of the titans 

Clockwork

Mascot, Mechanica, Solthecian

Mov.   Tac.  Kick.   Def.   Arm.   Inf. 

6/8       2      2/4      4+       1       1/4

<   :<<:

1   :1:     (The circles are momentous)

Character Plays

Wind up: CST 1 RNG S ZON - SUS X OPT X

This model may make a [1"] Dodge

Traits

Holy creation [Solthecian]:

At the start of this model's activation if it is within [6"] of a friendly model of the named type this model gains [1] INF

Wizened scholar:

When making a TN test this model may use Bonus Time! without spending MP

Flying

What Role would this play In the Guild/how would It help his Team?

Love the Idea (:

Basically just like most union players he would be more solo than other mascots.

He could make passes with his free influence, or go for goal. He is unique in that he would be the only mascot (I think) who can have 4 influence, and he always gets the free one. He could be given 4 inf in a turn and gain one and go for a crazy (but influence sucking) goal run. Or he can fly around giving and extra crowd out and maybe a free attack a turn (for that sick 1 momentous damage) 

3 hours ago, Saje said:

Basically just like most union players he would be more solo than other mascots.

He could make passes with his free influence, or go for goal. He is unique in that he would be the only mascot (I think) who can have 4 influence, and he always gets the free one. He could be given 4 inf in a turn and gain one and go for a crazy (but influence sucking) goal run. Or he can fly around giving and extra crowd out and maybe a free attack a turn (for that sick 1 momentous damage) 

He's also unique in that he's the only non-Benched player who doesn't have a tackle.  I'm having a hard time conceptualizing why the Solthecians have a drone and what role it's supposed to have on the table.  Honestly it feels like a worse version of the Engineers mascot no one takes.

Don't the Solthecians hate mechanica though? I'm pretty sure they think mechanica are an abomination.

On 24/07/2017 at 10:10 AM, masterkdog said:

Maybe a peace dove?

I honestly can't believe you wrote that. You disgust me! ?

4 hours ago, MechMage said:

He's also unique in that he's the only non-Benched player who doesn't have a tackle.  I'm having a hard time conceptualizing why the Solthecians have a drone and what role it's supposed to have on the table.  Honestly it feels like a worse version of the Engineers mascot no one takes.

Yes he is very similar to Mainspring, but mainspring is a good mascot, the only reason he's not taken is because Mother is far better and makes Hoist a better player. We don't have that kind of competition in the Union, neither Coin nor Strongbox are stand out amazing mascots, and my thoughts were if I was playing a Brisket lineup I would probably take this mascot. 

Also so yes you are correct I forgot to give him a tackle

37 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Don't the Solthecians hate mechanica though? I'm pretty sure they think mechanica are an abomination.

Do they? Where is that written? I don't remember reading that, not questioning you just honestly curious about that as I don't remember that in the fluff...

3 minutes ago, Selfy said:

Better than a peace dove. I ought to slap you for that.

I Apologise profusely. Must have been all that poetic thinking lingering after trying to pen a story for the scholars guild challenge. Will make sure it never happens again.....

In my story Avarisse dies and Greede converts Flask into a mobility scooter so he can still get around. After a while he gets bored of his pimped up ride, steals a war eagle from Gandalf, breaks into the Solthecian church and terrorises peace doves for the pure hell of it. The end.