I've got a few questions about the big league plot card Blind Eye and how it interacts with the benched trait.  Normally this card allows a taken out player to be replaced with a different player from the roster when it returns to the pitch, almost always via icy sponge.  Note that the plot card does not remove the taken out model from the roster but because it is no longer on the board and not suffering the taken out condition, there's normally no way to return it to the pitch.

Memory is a player who returns to the pitch via Brainpan's Thought.  Does this allow a new model to enter the pitch via Blind Eye as if using an Icy Sponge token even though it is not the Maintenance Phase?

Greede can return to the pitch even when not suffering the taken out condition via Avarisse's detach.  If Greede is taken out and the Blind Eye card is played, during the next maintenance phase someone else walks onto the pitch.  That turn, during Avarisse's activation, can he use Detach to walk another new model onto the pitch?  Since detach is not a once per turn ability, although it's only possible once under normal circumstances, and Greede remains off the pitch, not taken out, can Avarisse repeatedly try to detach Greede until every player who can play for that team is on the pitch at once?

I don't think any reasonable Longshanks would allow it, but I'd like to know what rule if any prevents this farse.

The Big League cards aren't as rigorous as the rest of the rules set. They introduce some quite radical situations. In all honesty I'd ask your Longshanks, but my suggestion would be that you can't have more than six players on the pitch at the same time. Any single choice of player that consists of more than one model would have to have both models removed for them to be replaced using Blind Eye.