missing1leg

Harvest Markers on Obstructions

I have a short question which as far as I can tell has the answer, yes.

Can a harvest marker be placed on an obstruction?  

This makes the entire obstruction impassable since its not possible to end with your base overlapping a marker and means it's impossible to remove the marker until the farmer player chooses since its not allowed to sprint or charge into/over/through an obstruction.

Is this answer consistent for all markers (ie trap, nest, ball)?  I can't see any way for the ball to end up on an obstruction, but it could be placed when kicking to a spot or making a goal kick.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, MechMage said:

I believe markers can be placed on top of obstructions.  Seems weird to put harvest markers on them though.

It's not weird. It's awesome.  You never have to worry about other player getting rid of your marker since you can't sprint or charge over obstruction. Hope the answer really is yes.

3 minutes ago, Rom177 said:

It's not weird. It's awesome.  You never have to worry about other player getting rid of your marker since you can't sprint or charge over obstruction. Hope the answer really is yes.

That's exactly why it seems weird.  It's almost like an exploit.  Turns Dirge into antifarmer tech though.

2 hours ago, MechMage said:

That's exactly why it seems weird.  It's almost like an exploit.  Turns Dirge into antifarmer tech though.

And the awesome Bonesaw. ;) 

After speaking with the design team, we're concerned about invincible harvest-markers, and also constricting opponent movement. 

Markers cannot be placed overlapping obstructions. This will be updated in the next errata, and will go into core rules somewhere down the line.