Sign in to follow this  
ADG

Ideas for Harvest Markers

So the farmers guild will be available from 18 August, complete with pumpkin ball, tokens and terrain. That just leaves Harvest Markers to get ready ... so how many of these do you think you would need for a game? And what ideas do people have for modelling them ... what bits and pieces have people found?

My initial idea is to pick up some spare 30mm bases:

http://elementgames.co.uk/cult-steampunk-other-miniatures-games/malifaux/round-edge-bases-for-miniatures/plain-round-edge-bases/30mm-wround-bases

and then put some flowers/plants on them:

http://darksphere.co.uk/c.php?c=1746

I think I've seen some corn stalks, pumpkins and other things elsewhere in the forums though ...

It's possible for members of other teams to get Harvest markers from you (eg Siren or Ob forcing an attack) so if you're a completionist it might be worth having a few off-color markers for your opponent to use.

If I could find bits for it, I'd love to have my harvest markers be rabbits sitting triumphantly on piles of carrots. Carrots I can sculpt, not so confident about bunnies sadly. 

1 hour ago, Slothrop said:

If I could find bits for it, I'd love to have my harvest markers be rabbits sitting triumphantly on piles of carrots.

Rabbits (including rabbit with carrot!) are available here. And guinea pigs too:

http://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/Bunnies/p/82813463/category=21735086

@Grenoir found some nice corn stalks last year too:

The gap in new models at least gives time to catch up painting the old ones!

I recommend O-scale instead of HO-scale for Guild Ball minis. The same manufacturer also has wheat bales and dried corn stalks too that would probably work.

In addition to those, I be tempted to get some hens.

Anyone like the idea of a farmers/blacksmiths pitch? Maybe sort of corn-yellow field with various bits of blacksmithed-agricultural implements lying around?

I have been using yellow translucent bases from Malifaux up to this point. Might consider an alternative once I've got the team painted up, or use token ones if they have some on the Muse token set for them...

I'm converting my whole team (though I'll probably own a regular version) to Farmers specific stuff besides wheat and root veggies. One idea for the harvest markers I'm wanting to try is a bushel of apples. 

If anyone has seen a bushel let me know, cause I have to learn sculpting and reducing the amount I have to learn would be great