Mako

Mako's Expert Procrastination Thread

2 hours ago, Mako said:

Thanks guys :D

Technically five to go, as Skulk is ready for priming (which is more than Obulus, Vileswarm and vGraves). All the minor guilds will share most of their colours and basing with the major, but with one major change. So in this case, the blue will be switched out for brown and the bases will be less tidy (scattered gravel, patchier grass and the likes). But they’ll all have to wait until next weekend, this week is a busy one!

I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to deal with the Minor Guilds, especially with my themed bases and colour schemes.

14 minutes ago, Kueller said:

I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to deal with the Minor Guilds, especially with my themed bases and colour schemes.

Yeah, the inclusion of two players from each of them in the other makes it kind of necessary (to me, anyway ;) ) to have them work together. Skulk will be my test case for it...

7 minutes ago, Mako said:

Yeah, the inclusion of two players from each of them in the other makes it kind of necessary (to me, anyway ;) ) to have them work together. Skulk will be my test case for it...

I did think about getting two of each Dual Guild mini, I have a Skulk already but need a second Pelage, when I get my Ratcatchers box.

Two of each seems like it’ll be tricky with the minor guilds, although if you can somehow wangle both the launch pack models you’re sorted for the morticians dual guild players at least! 

Also involves extra painting (and I think we all know that doesn’t end well for me) :D

Well, after a great day at the godtear playtest, I’m kind of distracted by wanting to paint those. Which is a bit of a snag, but hopefully I can get myself to prime graves and Skulk at the same time. 

I even played a game of guild ball this week, which was a good laugh. I lost 10-12, but everyone did something useful so that’s a win for me :D

Yeah, I never complain if I can score more than two points. That’s my “I played well” threshold :D

Few minor delays in assembling Lorsaynne, the elf champion. Her elbows just do not want to stay glued... 

I have primed graves and Skulk though, so that’s progress of a sort!

Cheers Z!

For a random laugh, he’s actually the resin Graves, but because his poking stick was bent as anything I used the spare version I had so he has a metal hand and staff... so ages back when I had to buy three models to replace the Cosset I ruined, turns out that was a good idea :D

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Finally some actual progress!

w35xzYU.jpg

Which just leaves Skulk to paint and base, Obulus and vGraves to prep and paint, and Vileswarm to prep, paint and base. Though I might wander off onto other projects of course, because that's half the fun :D

Love It! (:

11 hours ago, Zerachial said:

You're right! That's *very* random and also gave me a chuckle. Turns out it's *always* a good idea just to buy extra models... right? :huh:

Always! :P

Thanks @Kueller, I’m slow but I get there eventually :D

And he can now go in the bag in case I want to use him tonight...

5 hours ago, Mako said:

Always! :P

Thanks @Kueller, I’m slow but I get there eventually :D

And he can now go in the bag in case I want to use him tonight...

He Is all most an auto-include (:

Are your morticians standing on railroad tracks? And why if they are? Just out of interest. Also that Graves sure looks good. 

It’s a copy of a plank and gravel path I saw once, because it was quite pretty and felt right for a sort of cloistered practice ground that doubled as a garden of remembrance. No rails in sight. Hence the little shrine on Scalpel’s base too. 

@Kueller I think I’m facing brewers (possibly esters) tonight, so I might be taking him as a swap for bonesaw or silence... he definitely seems to be the mortician all rounder!

Been a month since I posted... I've been up to various random bits. Got some more art of war widgets and painted them:

AAb27dX.jpg

Made more cakes, including this little beast (that's a 13" diameter board, if anyone cares about scale...):

RRf8B2f.jpg

Have actually done some model painting too, Lorsain and her followers are slowly progressing but I don't have any decent photos. I've also had a slightly silly idea for Ox, so I've gone for a slightly odd primer setup on him:

vCvIwPY.jpg

Bonus points for anyone (except @Secondbreky, who knows the answer) who can guess what I'm up to :P

Piñatas are from the same vague area as llamas, so I'll give you that one :D

It does look weirdly chocolatey, doesn't it... it's actually Badger Minitaire Bark as a primer with a Snow White zenithal spray. Couldn't use my regular grey/white combo for this plan. It's going well though, so hopefully I can reveal my efforts soon (and it may be giving me ideas for a contest)!

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:45 AM, masterkdog said:

Uh oh... will there be badges involved??

Maaaaybe ;)

I haven't based him, but since I need to actually make some bases for my butchers before I can do that... I present Ox en camaieu (which sounds vaguely like a fancy french dish). Basically, painted entirely using different tones of a single colour. The lurid, showy version of monochrome :D

It's a ton of fun to do though - no fighting to get things looking the right colour, just concentrating on form and focal points. 

9uPDVXi.jpg

It was one of those “idle afternoon and convenient model” ideas, I’m pretty pleased with how it came out.

Still have to figure out basing, but having the whole guild in red tones should hopefully look pretty slick!