Sign in to follow this  
Deatheux

multiple enemies activation on one type

Hello, I want to confirm if there is an order to activate enemies when there is 3x Hollow Soldiers in a fight. can we activate "in the advantage of the players" or we must activate enemies on characters spots.

First time I played I thought they activated simultaneously which led to one hilarious encounter where 3 Silver Knights ran around as a ball and knocked off our player because of the Node Limit before they could attack. 

Been playing with the real rules now. Those Silver Knights will hunt you down. Played a solo skirmish yesterday against Titanite Demon and died in only the second room because starting gear could not get through their armour. Titanite Demon is only one level 1 encounter so you are thrown straight in the deep end.

Still trying to think about how best to overcome the frustration of that at the start. Wondered about dishing out the 2 x players Souls as if you did the first encounters then going straight in to a mini boss. Could be an option to shorten play time.

@Sullvar

Yeah, those Silver Knight Swordsmen are no joke for starting players.

If you're playing solo, don't forget you start with 16 souls. I'd spend as many as it takes to find a decent upgrade or two then level to use them if needed.

Yeah @Ashraam I've been playing with the starting 16 Souls, regardless of how many players. In bigger groups it is divided so I think it is self balancing and gives you a bit more of a chance.

I think I got unlucky in my solo play. I was the Knight but kept pulling Faith items. Felt strange to have a Knight with higher Faith than Strength just to equip some stuff. Had a hilarious fight against two Giant Hollows as I was using the Halberd and was able to kite them and poke safely from a distance.

14 minutes ago, Sullvar said:

Yeah @Ashraam I've been playing with the starting 16 Souls, regardless of how many players. In bigger groups it is divided so I think it is self balancing and gives you a bit more of a chance.

I think I got unlucky in my solo play. I was the Knight but kept pulling Faith items. Felt strange to have a Knight with higher Faith than Strength just to equip some stuff. Had a hilarious fight against two Giant Hollows as I was using the Halberd and was able to kite them and poke safely from a distance.

Yeah, luck of the draw is a big factor, for sure. I like that you tried it with what you got, though.  :lol:

I think part of the fun of the game is in coming up with unorthodox builds and making them work.

Obviously not every game will be a winner, and I believe that's a good thing.

6 minutes ago, Ashraam said:

Yeah, luck of the draw is a big factor, for sure. I like that you tried it with what you got, though.  :lol:

I think part of the fun of the game is in coming up with unorthodox builds and making them work.

Obviously not every game will be a winner, and I believe that's a good thing.

make a mage with assassin, make a heal with a knight, archer with a warrior looks all good :)