• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Sirron

After the bloody master starter box

Hello guys, I recently played the Kick Off starter box with a friend andloved the game. So I have just bought the new starter box for Butchers: the Bloody Master, and I would like to have some advice and insight about wich player should I buy after this box and maintaing the Ox captain!

Thanks

Meathook is a good support player and I've got a butchers friend who swears by Tenderizer into Alchemists and Fish.  Harry is the hot Union choice but I have a soft spot for Minx.

15 minutes ago, Sirron said:

Hello guys, I recently played the Kick Off starter box with a friend andloved the game. So I have just bought the new starter box for Butchers: the Bloody Master, and I would like to have some advice and insight about wich player should I buy after this box and maintaing the Ox captain!

Thanks

My tournament 10 currently is :

Fillet, Ox,  Princess,  Boiler, VBrisket, Meathook, vOx, oBrisket, Boar and Harry.

I recently dropped Tenderiser for Ox. This is just for Farmers. I play Fillet into everything else.

As @MechMage said Harry and Minx are both good in Butchers. I ran Minx for about the first 4 months or so of S3. If Minx had 2" melee or both had 1", I'd choose Minx. As it stands, I need the 2" melee more.

I find Meathook less essential for Ox than I do for Fillet but she is still a really good player.

If I were to make any changes to the core box, I'd change Brisket into Veteran Brisket and Shank into Harry.

It is also worthwhile grabbing Fillet and Truffles. Being able to change Captains and mascot will present you with more options going forward and help you find the team that suits your style more

21 minutes ago, Sirron said:

I see a lot of people saying that Ox is better than Fillet against Farmers, why?

Ox wants a prolonged scrum so his team can put out more damage than any other list and hates being assassinated.  Grange loves putting his low defense players in a big scrum but only enables serious damage after several turns of set up.  It's Ox's dream match.

28 minutes ago, Sirron said:

I see a lot of people saying that Ox is better than Fillet against Farmers, why?

I haven't seen a lot of people say this on the Farmers other than me, so I'm not sure of other player's reasons.

Millstone is a huge problem for Fillet. Being able tank both KD's and Bleeds on Fillet's target. A Fillet team relies heavily on Fillet. Several targets are difficult for her to kill if Millstone is nearby. Tater, Jackstraw, Buckwheat and even Thresher. 

Grange isn't really a problem, but since they always take both Captains, I have to assume Thresher. Thresher out threats Fillet and can one round her. An Ox team does more work as a unit.

Edit: Also Harrow is annoying. Fillet usually deletes her target but the other members of your team (VOx, Harry, Boiler, Meathook) are usually doing chup damage which Harrow heals a portion of for free.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:12 PM, Dracilic said:

I haven't seen a lot of people say this on the Farmers other than me, so I'm not sure of other player's reasons.

Millstone is a huge problem for Fillet. Being able tank both KD's and Bleeds on Fillet's target. A Fillet team relies heavily on Fillet. Several targets are difficult for her to kill if Millstone is nearby. Tater, Jackstraw, Buckwheat and even Thresher. 

Grange isn't really a problem, but since they always take both Captains, I have to assume Thresher. Thresher out threats Fillet and can one round her. An Ox team does more work as a unit.

Edit: Also Harrow is annoying. Fillet usually deletes her target but the other members of your team (VOx, Harry, Boiler, Meathook) are usually doing chup damage which Harrow heals a portion of for free.

Did I miss something? When did people get the Farmer's Guild? Or is this just people using paper tokens?

Neil

On 7/6/2017 at 6:43 AM, Neil Peckett said:

Did I miss something? When did people get the Farmer's Guild? Or is this just people using paper tokens?

Neil

Proxies. Lot of people are practicing with Farmers.