Kueller

sBrisket 10 Player Roster

Who would you have In your 10 Player sBrisket Roster and why?

I know sBrisket will have tough match ups since you have to pick your Captain/Mascot before the roll off but like the Challenge to see If she can be playable and fun In Tournaments after the OPD change.

Personally I'm benching sBrisket for the foreseeable future.  IMO she's too ball dependent and she no longer has a monopoly on motivating Mist.  Picking her always feels like a gamble since a bad scatter roll at any point in the game or an opponent who is particularly good at killing the ball cripples her.

That said, she's a natural captain for Snakeskin who can keep the ball dead until sBrisket needs it in any football matchups.

Harry is great, giving sBrisket 8" of dodge without spending momentum.

oRage is as efficient as he ever was and brings enough killing power to enable a 2-2 playstyle if it looks like 3 goals won't happen.

Mist is obviously one of the best strikers in the game, especially under sBrisket.

Grace makes Mist blindingly fast, although she's overkill a lot of time.  sBrisket is probably the only captain who can justify her in a flex spot IMO.

Decimate is great for Second Wind access and she can handle the ball if it bounces near her.

Coin gets the position by default since sBrisket's team is too fast to be tethered to Strongbox.

Beyond that it's down to personal preference.

11 minutes ago, MechMage said:

Personally I'm benching sBrisket for the foreseeable future.  IMO she's too ball dependent and she no longer has a monopoly on motivating Mist.  Picking her always feels like a gamble since a bad scatter roll at any point in the game or an opponent who is particularly good at killing the ball cripples her.

That said, she's a natural captain for Snakeskin who can keep the ball dead until sBrisket needs it in any football matchups.

Harry is great, giving sBrisket 8" of dodge without spending momentum.

oRage is as efficient as he ever was and brings enough killing power to enable a 2-2 playstyle if it looks like 3 goals won't happen.

Mist is obviously one of the best strikers in the game, especially under sBrisket.

Grace makes Mist blindingly fast, although she's overkill a lot of time.  sBrisket is probably the only captain who can justify her in a flex spot IMO.

Decimate is great for Second Wind access and she can handle the ball if it bounces near her.

Coin gets the position by default since sBrisket's team is too fast to be tethered to Strongbox.

Beyond that it's down to personal preference.

Thank You, Its great to hear others view point on this.

I really enjoy the scoring side of the game and setting up Goal Runs, I like the challenge especially If players try to kill the ball. In lots of ways I like using a Captain, that most don't currently rate that high, used Skatha at Vengeance and did alright with her.

I think the first Goal won't be that hard to get and maybe a second but will need a couple of players In some games to get a couple of Take-outs maybe with Harry, A&G or Gutter.

A&G are always great, but I'm not sure about Gutter.  In my mind she has two roles she excels at.  Anchor that the scrum forms around, using Life Drinker to heal while generating momentum and blender who capitalizes on support from her team to Scything Blow multiple enemies down at once.  I don't think sBrisket wants a solid center enough to allocate Gutter all the influence she needs to stay there, especially with no support.  She also doesn't want her players balled up in a scrum helping Gutter hit her fifth column since she needs to cover a lot of area to always threaten the ball.

If you're looking for a player to get a couple take outs, I'd look for someone more self sufficient like Minx who is adept at hunting down wingers and is fast enough to transition into a goal threat easily.

I played Brisk3t in a tournament 3 of 4 games. (Win - loss - win) and a last game with Rage (loss) as a captain.

My first line-up for the forst two games was:

Brisk3t - Coin - A&G - Mist - Rage - Harry the Hat

In the third game Harry stayed home and Decimate got a shot.

I wasn't able to field Minx, 'cause I lend my painted One to my Brother and his Hunter's.

What to say:

- Mist is an excellent player. He can get the Ball very fast and from nearly any spot. With him a kick off is as good as a receiving the ball.

- A&G are a fun Tool Box. Good Killers and can shoot a goal. Sometimes I find it difficult to keep them together. If Greede isn't able to hop on Avarisse, they loose much versatility.

- Harry the Hat Hallahan: he's cool and in theory he's great. But I was only able to put the Hat Aura to a really good use once. For my play style he might not be the best

- That's why I switched to Decimate in the third game. The Second Wind is really great. You can use it to get the ball, you can use it to position after a goal shot. And even without Second Wind Decimate is a decent goal threat herself. 

- Rage is here for everything the others can't do. With A&G and Decimate you will be able to kill two models if three goals don't seem possible.

Snakeskin: haven't the model here, haven't played her.

In the future I will try

Brisk3et - Coin - A&G - Mist - Grace - Benny

Think this is a very thematic line-up. Maybe not the best, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks! I Just painted up Grace and Benediction, I love the sculpts.

Grace has defo got a spot, her buffs and Support Character Plays are needed.

Benediction, will probably have a spot but I think he fits with vRage more, I see him more as a Road Block but I don't think he will add to Take-outs.

So I was toying with sBrisket, Blackheart, Coin, A/G, Harry, Mist, Snakeskin, Benediction, oRage, Minx.

My goto for sBrisket is Coin, A/G, Harry, Mist, Snakeskin.  If I'm not worried about my opponent's ability to steal the ball from me, Snakeskin would drop for Benediction.  Blackheart's usual are Coin, A/G, Harry, Mist, Benediction.

sBrisket starts looking for 3 goals but can flex to 2-2 on the backs of A/G, Harry, and her own mom2 which is usable after singled out goes up.  Blackheart is looking for a 2-2 but will take a 1-4 or 3-0 depending on what my opponent is doing.  oRage and Minx can swap in or out for pretty much anyone except A/G or Mist depending on if I need the extra damage or the battery.

My buddy is playing:

S-Brisket, Coin, Decimate, Mist, Minx, Hemlock

Its a fast team that can score relatively easy and has the speed to go after the ball. 

6 hours ago, Kueller said:

Benediction, will probably have a spot but I think he fits with vRage more, I see him more as a Road Block but I don't think he will add to Take-outs.

This is what I think, too. So with the replacement of Rage for Benny, you are going for the 3-0. But then he can - at least I think so - be a really nice addition. With all three Solthcian, Mist will be motivated the hole game. And Benny can mainly contribute 2 Inf to the pool, but can Block an important enemy model.

With 6 Inf on Brisk3t, 3-4 on Mist and 4 on A&G you have already distribute more Inf then you have :D That's also a reason I lile Rage and Minx. They can do something without Inf. But normally they still want the Inf.

I've forgotten a few words on Minx. Haven't played her in the tournament, but played her in the training games:

Minx is great! With her insane movement, she can be where you want her to be. Furious means - as mentioned above - that she don't need Inf. With snare she really helps in a beat down. But she's fast enough to help the football game. And even if she's pinned down, with one or two Inf on her, she's able to dodge away and free charge in again.

At the moment I'm thinking about an all Brisk3t Line-Up for my next tournament. I think this would look like this:

1. Brisk3t

2. Coin

3. Avarisse & Greede

4. Decimate

5. Harry the Hat

6. Minx

7. Mist

8. Rage

9. Benediction

10. Grace

This line-up ks dedicated for a 3-0. But thanks to Rage or Minx a 2-2 is possible.

But you like to play for a 1-4?! Ok, then goe Crazy, Take [3] Dmg and field:

Benny, Harry, Minx, Rage

Now you have Brisk3et as an opportune Striker and the team as a beat down. Sure it isn't the best beat down team a Union player can field. But with Brisk3t as a captain (and the enemy knows it before!), this can be catching your enemy off guard. He will only see what's coming after the third pick.

My Roster will have sBrisket, Coin, Harry the Hat, Avarisse & Greede, Grace, Benediction for sure!

The last spots will four of these but not 100% on which, Gutter, Decimate, Rage, Snakeskin and Hemlocke.

I really like Minx In my Skatha's Hunters but I don't think she suits my Solthecian game.

Will have some playtesting to do.

Thanks (:

1 hour ago, Kueller said:

My Roster will have sBrisket, Coin, Harry the Hat, Avarisse & Greede, Grace, Benediction for sure!

The last spots will four of these but not 100% on which, Gutter, Decimate, Rage, Snakeskin and Hemlocke.

I really like Minx In my Skatha's Hunters but I don't think she suits my Solthecian game.

Will have some playtesting to do.

Thanks (:

@KuellerNo interest in Mist, then?

I've played four games with

Brisk3t - Coic - Avarisse & Greede - Benediction - Grace - Mist

The games were against my familiy and friends, which is absolutly now strong competitive meta.

I keep it short and put down my thoughts on the team

12:2 vs. Butchers

12:4 vs. Engineer's

12:0 vs. Hunter

12:2 vs. Hunter

Brisk3t: really great and threatening striker. Here legendary hangs in the air like a sword until it is used. Sometimes I find it hard to give her the right amount of Influence. There were some rounds with 6 Inf on her and thanks to a failed passes  on the enemies side I wasn't able to route one. So I only used 1 Inf to sprint... But in everygame she shot a goal (every time the second after Mist), against the Engineer's two. Couldn't say she was bad

Benediction: He was a mixed bag. Against the Butcher's his only purpose was to give two Inf for the team. Against the Engineer's he was a key element, because he gave stoic to Brisk3t and then she could handle the crazy Harry Parting Blow. I think I have to use and train him more. Had problems to put him in a space where he draws attention. Because there are several weak spots in this line up, he was just ignored. 

Grace: I really like her. In the beginning she gives quick foot. If the game lasts more then two rounds, she got a 4-5 Inf Activation and get the ball back. One time she healed here teammates. But in this line-up, the Models are either dead or not threatened. :D

Coin, A&G, Mist: bothing to say here. As good as expected and well known.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

The games were against my familiy and friends, which is absolutly now strong competitive meta.

I keep it short and put down my thoughts on the team

12:2 vs. Butchers

12:4 vs. Engineer's

12:0 vs. Hunter

12:2 vs. Hunter

Brisk3t: really great and threatening striker. Here legendary hangs in the air like a sword until it is used. Sometimes I find it hard to give her the right amount of Influence. There were some rounds with 6 Inf on her and thanks to a failed passes  on the enemies side I wasn't able to route one. So I only used 1 Inf to sprint... But in everygame she shot a goal (every time the second after Mist), against the Engineer's two. Couldn't say she was bad

Benediction: He was a mixed bag. Against the Butcher's his only purpose was to give two Inf for the team. Against the Engineer's he was a key element, because he gave stoic to Brisk3t and then she could handle the crazy Harry Parting Blow. I think I have to use and train him more. Had problems to put him in a space where he draws attention. Because there are several weak spots in this line up, he was just ignored. 

Grace: I really like her. In the beginning she gives quick foot. If the game lasts more then two rounds, she got a 4-5 Inf Activation and get the ball back. One time she healed here teammates. But in this line-up, the Models are either dead or not threatened. :D

Coin, A&G, Mist: bothing to say here. As good as expected and well known.

Thank for your Input (:

I have had only one game with Grace and Benediction, still trying to work them out.

I think the Balance I will find will be going for two Take-outs and two Goals.

I my last game Mist got me three Goals with a Snapshot Goal off sBrisket .

13 hours ago, Sonny said:

I want to use Grace too, just like this. But I'm having trouble justifying including her over Snakeskin, who has 1 better TAC, can leave some poison behind, has the same Tackle profile, and can hang onto the ball super well if needed. I wonder what the team would be like with Grace and Snakeskin and no Benediction?

*edit* Let me clarify what I mean by that. I'm looking at Grace vs. Snakeskin in their winger position, which is to set the ball up for a shot by a striker, or taking a shot when needed. To that end, I want them to be fast, accurate, and have plenty of tackling skills. And, to that end, I forgot to mention that Snakeskin has a 3/6" kick too - so shorter range, but more accurate. Hmm...

Edited by landstander
Clarity

9 minutes ago, landstander said:

I want to use Grace too, just like this. But I'm having trouble justifying including her over Snakeskin, who has 1 better TAC, can leave some poison behind, has the same Tackle profile, and can hang onto the ball super well if needed. I wonder what the team would be like with Grace and Snakeskin and no Benediction?

I like Grace with what I have seen, she Is very INF efficient, since she Generates 2 INF herself. I will try Snakeskin but to hold on the ball, very well requires 3 INF for Nimble and Clone, we will see.

4 minutes ago, Kueller said:

I like Grace with what I have seen, she Is very INF efficient, since she Generates 2 INF herself. I will try Snakeskin but to hold on the ball, very well requires 3 INF for Nimble and Clone, we will see.

That is true; Snakeskin can be an INF hog. But w/ 1 INF she can make an attack, get a :PP: and Clone, or w/ 1 INF she can go to 5 DEF (and 6 against those greedy men trying to steal her ball!). Snakeskin might be better suited against another mobile team, and Grace better against the kill-y or AOE heavy teams. Of course, we should include Decimate in the discussion, as she is super fast, and w/ her 6 TAC and Anatomical, she has essentially the same Tackle profile as Grace and Snakeskin, and is a bit dodge-ier than they are too.

1 minute ago, landstander said:

That is true; Snakeskin can be an INF hog. But w/ 1 INF she can make an attack, get a :PP: and Clone, or w/ 1 INF she can go to 5 DEF (and 6 against those greedy men trying to steal her ball!). Snakeskin might be better suited against another mobile team, and Grace better against the kill-y or AOE heavy teams. Of course, we should include Decimate in the discussion, as she is super fast, and w/ her 6 TAC and Anatomical, she has essentially the same Tackle profile as Grace and Snakeskin, and is a bit dodge-ier than they are too.

Stat wise Decimate Is so good but I hate the Sculpt, I got her for a second time to paint up for my Solthecian Union but she Is so tiny, I can't bring myself to paint her.

I think Grace will be great against Alchemists, I can't wait to try her against them.

Thanks (:

i played sBrisket, Coin, Harry, Mist, Decimate and Minx the last two games. won both with 2-2. 

With Brisket and Mist we have two of the best strikers.

Harry suports the ballplay and has a very good toolbox, counter attacks and when he is crazy he is also a good damage dealer.

Decimate is also very flexible. very fast, not that bad in kicking, two good character plays and a good damage output.

minx is my inf battery. with her free charge and snared she can support the the attacks of the others without having inf on her. 

And even with Brisket you can do a lot of damage (mom 2 damage on third column) with some support of the character plays (from minx and decimate) or crowding out she can do 12 damage which also generates 6 mom.

The other 4 Players for my 10 are oRage, Averrise and Greed, Gutter and Grace. But i haven't tried them out with Brisket. 

13 minutes ago, morris said:

i played sBrisket, Coin, Harry, Mist, Decimate and Minx the last two games. won both with 2-2. 

With Brisket and Mist we have two of the best strikers.

Harry suports the ballplay and has a very good toolbox, counter attacks and when he is crazy he is also a good damage dealer.

Decimate is also very flexible. very fast, not that bad in kicking, two good character plays and a good damage output.

minx is my inf battery. with her free charge and snared she can support the the attacks of the others without having inf on her. 

And even with Brisket you can do a lot of damage (mom 2 damage on third column) with some support of the character plays (from minx and decimate) or crowding out she can do 12 damage which also generates 6 mom.

The other 4 Players for my 10 are oRage, Averrise and Greed, Gutter and Grace. But i haven't tried them out with Brisket. 

What teams did you play against?  That line up sounds like it would have trouble with serious beater teams.

46 minutes ago, MechMage said:

What teams did you play against?  That line up sounds like it would have trouble with serious beater teams.

Masons and Morticians. What would you change against beater teams? 

Just now, morris said:

Masons and Morticians. What would you change against beater teams? 

I'd switch out Minx or Decimate for Gutter or Benediction, depending on your preference.  Someone to stand in the middle of the pitch and take too long to die while the rest of the team won with goals.  Minx and Mist are probably the easiest players on your team to pick off and Decimate has trouble with 2" reach and low knock downs because she relies on her counter attacks for durability.

14 hours ago, MechMage said:

I'd switch out Minx or Decimate for Gutter or Benediction, depending on your preference.  Someone to stand in the middle of the pitch and take too long to die while the rest of the team won with goals.  Minx and Mist are probably the easiest players on your team to pick off and Decimate has trouble with 2" reach and low knock downs because she relies on her counter attacks for durability.

thanks for the advise, i will try that!

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 1:38 PM, MechMage said:

A&G are always great, but I'm not sure about Gutter.  In my mind she has two roles she excels at.  Anchor that the scrum forms around, using Life Drinker to heal while generating momentum and blender who capitalizes on support from her team to Scything Blow multiple enemies down at once.  I don't think sBrisket wants a solid center enough to allocate Gutter all the influence she needs to stay there, especially with no support.  She also doesn't want her players balled up in a scrum helping Gutter hit her fifth column since she needs to cover a lot of area to always threaten the ball.

If you're looking for a player to get a couple take outs, I'd look for someone more self sufficient like Minx who is adept at hunting down wingers and is fast enough to transition into a goal threat easily.

I have found gutter to be one of the most useful models for an s. Brisket list. Here's why, 1. She provides another reach model to the team so when you pop legendary she can move up and usually shut down 2 models from charging. 2. She brings the 3 hit chain grab which can keep people away from other models that need to be freed up. 3. She has a good kick Stat so when she gets up the field she can score. 4. She provides you with another kd and take out model. 

She provides you with the ability to switch gears from goal scoring to take outs in a instant. This makes your team well rounded. Now you don't have to just worry about the 3-0 games. You can also pull off 2-2 games with ease.