• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  
Jpdore15

Two hand a single handed weapon

15 minutes ago, Jpdore15 said:

Is it possible to switch a single handed weapon to both hands to allow for greater potential dmg out put?

Not within the existing official rules.

I've seen people discussing making house rules for it, but I don't know how those turned out.

1 hour ago, Ashraam said:

Not within the existing official rules.

I've seen people discussing making house rules for it, but I don't know how those turned out.

where the ruling is stated in the rule book?  thx

19 minutes ago, Deatheux said:

where the ruling is stated in the rule book?  thx

It's not stated anywhere that you can't do it. However, since there's no rules for what bonuses it would apply it would just mean you'd do the same damage and also not get to use whatever you would have in your other hand.

8 hours ago, Arcueid said:

Good idea !

Maybe one could add 1 stamina and 1 black dice to each attack ?

well two-handing the weapon is its own drawback - would it need the 1 stamina?

21 hours ago, Jpdore15 said:

I just find it interesting that the Knight pose is of him two handing a one handed weapon.

Maybe it was a mechanic that got cut last-minute. Or perhaps because the Knight's original pose looked too similar to the others?

Capture.PNG

22 minutes ago, scifidownbeat said:

Maybe it was a mechanic that got cut last-minute. Or perhaps because the Knight's original pose looked too similar to the others?

Capture.PNG

Could be, I forgot about the original models. I do hope they add it in or may just house rule it. 

I think one black die would be a fair addition, and in line with the damage bonus for hitting a weak spot. You give up a lot of defense or versatility, but in particular this would let the assassin and herald kill Silver Knights without relying on the dice.

can we make an official ruling on this, here on p. 22

"During an activation, a character can make up to one attack
with each weapon they are holding in their hand slots.[...]"

with each weapon, a shield, a sword and a spell is considered a 'weapon' but, still, we can activate 'each weapon'.

a player can use 2 shields, and if they have attacks, use them each turn, as long as the player pays stamina.

a player can use 2 spells(but have a sweet nothing in armor!).

so as long as it is stated in the ruling, nothing seems to restrict the use of 2 single handed swords/shields/spell,  in a  built.

@Deatheux You can do all of the things you just listed. You just have to pay the stamina cost for each, and each attack is treated as a separate roll. So you need to overcome the enemy defense with each roll.

However, the question this thread was about is asking if you can use one single-handed weapon but hold it with both hands (like in the video game) to increase the damage. Currently it's not in the rule book, so people are home brewing their own ideas to use it.

On 10/6/2017 at 1:20 PM, Ashraam said:

However, the question this thread was about is asking if you can use one single-handed weapon but hold it with both hands (like in the video game) to increase the damage. Currently it's not in the rule book, so people are home brewing their own ideas to use it.

In case of this kind of weapon will be released in further expn, I would not use this 'bastard sword' alt-ruling for now.