Sign in to follow this  
burroboskov

BurroBoskov's Match Summaries: On the Prowl

So we had 6 folks get together for the ratcatchers tourney. 4 local lads, and 2 from Long Island. We had a 7th come in, but he was running late and an 8th player wasn't showing. Still, 3 rounds, and some exclusive mortician/ratcatchers models up for the top 2 finishers.

I drew the other Hunters player for a mirror match up in round 1!

Game 17 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (3/17/18) (9/35 for 2018)

Theron, Fahad, Zarola, Minx, oHearne, Jeacar

Bad Theron, Bad Fahad, Bad Zarola, Bad Jaecar, Bad Minx, Bad Seenah

Since I'm kicking, I was able to choose the side with the beneficial forest, and I had to take oHearne for that. Bad Seenah apparently was a response, to serve as a goalie of sorts. The rest are Hunters staples!

I have Jaecar kick off, looking to apply knives to face early on. He bungles the re roll, and he puts it on Bad Zarola

vVQsbI4.jpg

Turn 1.

Bad Theron gets the ball, sun strikes himself, snipes Jeacar, and kicks it back to minx, spending the momentum to put blessing on Bad Zarola. This allows Jaecar to walk up to Bad Theron without fear of reprisal, knifing 8 health off and getting back to my side of the pitch with dodges etc and leaving an awkward trap. Good Theron throws some damage into Bad Theron as well, while the rest of my team stays out of threat range of the bear. Minx also gets midnight offeringsed up so that she can charge Bad Jaecar and bounce off him to the bad hunters back fields. Bad Seenah tries to cover the goal, and the other bad hunters move up field, except for Bad Minx who gets to charge in off Jaecar for a few momentum, but triggering his trap, sustaining bleed. oHearne gets a damage or two on her as well.

Turn 2.

Jaecar has an awesome first turn activation, taking out Bad Theron and Bad Minx in one activation, dodging between them to avoid the counter, and collecting the scattered ball from Bad Minx's body with the back to the shadows. 4-0.
Dj9WklD.jpg
He then gets bullied by Seenah, and ball drops back towards my field. Theron collects it, passes in to oHearne, and starts getting momentum off of the bear with snaring and KD etc. Bad Fahad and Bad Zarola tie up Minx who is deep in enemy cover. oHearne scores a tap in off a forest teleport, 8-0. Bad Jaecar stand up Bad Seenah, passes to the bear and dodges it out of the melee, then tries to do something to oHearne. Fahad charges Bad Seenah and gets the Tackle, but then is KDed. Zarola picks up the scattered ball and kicks it to space.

Turn 3. 

I have seize the initiative, so Minx gets a 4" dodge picking up the ball. She is followed by Bad Zarola, and a returned Bad Minx. However, since I go first I just need to roll one 5 against Bad Zarola, getting the dodge to disengage from them both, and slotting home the 2 dice tap in. 12-0.
qSQX0uE.jpg

12-0

Jaecar gets Bad Theron and Bad Minx, oHearne scores a tap in, Minx scores a tap in.

Great way to start a tournament! Shout out to my opponent who was a great sport, who played a really fun game. Leaving Theron alone up there Turn 1 gave me a lead, and the forest was going to guarantee me a  goal with oHearne at some point. The fact that I could score first just made it too hard. Still, it felt closer than it was.

Hitting some crunch time in real life, but I've got more bat reps incoming.

2 to finish this tournament (1 with photos, 1 with out), and 2 for last weekend (again, 1 and 1 in terms of photos). They might be shorter than normal, but I'm still going to write up the interesting bits.

No real reports, just blurbs. But I want to keep track of the games I've played over the last few months, if only for myself. Still crunching on a lot of work stuff, but still getting to sneak in the occasional game is nice!

Game 18 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (3/17/18) (10/35 for 2018)

Blacksmiths 12-0, Jaecar kicks off and scores first activation, between BTTS and goal dodge, gets to half way line.

DjhaHhk.jpg

Skatha's legendary gets stymied by a spiked parting blow from Sledge,

nI4MCm9.jpg

but we get the second goal and  eventually set up an Egret snap shot win.

saKqRH3.jpg

Game 19 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (3/17/18) (11/35 for 2018)

Butchers 6-12, I get terrified by the threat of fillet, and fail to advance up the board. She eats two players, I get her in return, but then boiler and meat hook can pick off the bleed damaged players and slot in a goal. Jaecar gets a consolation goal before the final takeout. 

Game 20 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (3/24/18) (12/35 for 2018)

Brewers 12-10, extremely close game, Jaecar goes aggressive to try to slow down the Brewers.

3qWG0jJ.jpg

and gets taken out,

QF1TWSB.jpg

but later gets the ball off of Friday and threads a perfect pass to space. Zarola can get it, midnight herself, and scores the 2 dice kick for the win. 

c0DQr5o.jpg

Game 21 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (3/24/18) (13/35 for 2018)

Union 6-12, Skatha becomes a bruiser and hits all the momentus 2's against gutter. But vRage bullies vHearne and Minx. 

Game 22 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (4/12/18) (14/35 for 2018)

12-4 Farmers Ploughman makes a rough ground bunker, but hunters don't really care. Thresher gets a player or two, but teleporting oHearne can score and help with the kills, getting just enough damage to kill Fallow before her taking the final activation of the turn. Clean up from there, I think a snapshot tap in goal wins it.

Game 23 Nu Brand Gaming, Brooklyn, NY (5/3/18) (15/35 for 2018)

12-6 Farmers. I make sure Thresher can't land on any of my pieces turn 1, and Skatha scores top of 2. But I'm too spread out to take advantage of the legendary. However half the farmers converge on Skatha, and that leaves room for the Bear and Minx to work on Tater and Harrow. A poor choice of first activation seals the game when Seenah does 14 dmg and bear hugging a full stack Tater, then Minx steals the ball off harrow and scores. I can then take Harrow or Peck out trivially for the win, so my opponent calls it.

Thanks for all your reports, always of interest.

I wonder if you might share your thoughts on how to play a skatha team some time.

2 hours ago, Mo11usq said:

Thanks for all your reports, always of interest.

I wonder if you might share your thoughts on how to play a skatha team some time.

NWI4NDg2Y2Y0NSMvWHFqWFAySXR6dG94UzM5aVJ0

Yeah totally. Sounds like good subway writing material. No promises of course, but I'll see if I can put together a few semi-lucid thoughts.