Sign in to follow this  
skcpae

Preventing Bending

Hey everyone,

Just curious if you have ways to prevent some of the miniatures weapons and pieces from bending. I'm not directly referring to what happens once they have bent, but more something to try and prevent it from happening in the first place.

Like could I apply a coat of clear nail polish or something on some spearheads ahead of time? I'm looking for something more preventative than repairing.

Thanks in advance!

I would establish why they are bending in the first place. Is it in transit, storage etc? Can't say I have ever had a mini or peice of one bend after I received it without someone physically picking it up and bending it.....

I cannot see varnish doing much good to prevent model parts from bending, apart from protecting the paint.

I have Decimate and her rapiers can be bent by force if you let it.  If you are concerned models parts being bent when in transit, then it's really down to how you protect it.  

For my models I have plenty of decent foam to protect them!

12 hours ago, masterkdog said:

I would establish why they are bending in the first place. Is it in transit, storage etc? Can't say I have ever had a mini or peice of one bend after I received it without someone physically picking it up and bending it.....

Yeah, I'm also in the process of upgraded my storage too. I hope that helps. I'm specifically worried about my Fish team and their spears and bits, but it might be me putting them away and taking them out again.