• Announcements

• Mako

Union in Chains Pictures   10/14/2017

With union in chains in full swing, everyone wants to upload a few pictures with their battle report (they're highly recommended to ensure your report is accepted as valid). Check the Union in Chains section for some handy advice (and user avatars) before you start!  

In the organized play rules it states all markers must be in place or the effect is not there so fire, second wind, ect have to be marked but do things like unpredictable movement or close control have to be marked prior to use or do you simply mark after use 

Me to but we've all been in that match where someone sets up to charge someone with unpredictable movement because they forgot your model had it then it becomes a thing just wondering what the proper way to do it is 

35 minutes ago, Thething said:

In the organized play rules it states all markers must be in place or the effect is not there so fire, second wind, ect have to be marked but do things like unpredictable movement or close control have to be marked prior to use or do you simply mark after use 

I place such tokens/markers after the effect has been used.  For me, this just keeps the method consistent with using e.g. Poison tokens or Knocked Down tokens to show the effect.   Some of the official tokens actually have 'used' in the wording, e.g. "Dodge Used".

However, there's no reason you couldn't do it the way you suggest, the important thing is that you have some way of representing the various effects, and that you and your opponent are both clear and agree on the way the tokens/markers will be used during your game.

Cheers :)

Due to me forgetting about unpredictable movement a lot, I've now started putting the "dodge used" token on my Brisket to remind me and my opponent that it's still an option, and when she uses the dodge I take the token away. 

(This is also because of a gotcha moment against @MilitaryCoo at Vengeance that I still feel bad about)

There's no real rule, but I am all for using tokens for things like UM, close control, glut mass, etc. up until they have been triggered. For me, the ability is in effect until it has been triggered and should be marked as such.