Sign in to follow this  
TheCurkov

Guild Ball Gotchas Ep. 1: Mist and Vitriol's Kickoff Pressure

Hello Forum! I have started a new series on my Youtube channel that I hope you guys will like as much as Run the Length. This is Guild Ball Gotchas!

Welcome to the inaugural episode of guild ball gotchas where we go through the biggest surprises and powerful combinations in guild ball and walk you through how to play around them. This episode we are covering Mist and Vitriol's kickoff pressure.

Special thanks go out to Nick Kleeman, Zachary Poulos, and Alex Bots for assisting with this video.

Game was filmed at Grognard Games in Hoffman Estates. Their Website can be found here: http://grognardgames.com/
Follow me on Twitter: @TheCurkov https://mobile.twitter.com/thecurkov

Very nice series idea. It will be an excellent tool for new and veteran players for things they get tripped up by.

an extra mention for anyone is Fear in the passive traits, since Fear makes her charge 3 inf, so she requires a wrap to get a mom + T result -- Which is quite possible, but seven 3s vs Ghast for example is not incredibly likely (its a 37.7%) and if she fails... the outlook is incredibly grim, not only for vitriol but for the whole game when you start 2 vps up, with momentum, with the ball, and your opponent is down 4 influence. yikes. Only gets worse when you consider prolonging vitriols death until T2, so she dies t2 and can't return until t3 (and if she gets no influence you can drag this process out even longer by just marking her with ghast/avarisse and waiting until t3 to kill her...)

Although fear wasn't mentioned in the video since i think its only on 2? models in the whole game, but if you can field these suckers its worth noting here in the discussion thread

Excellent stuff again!

Just to add something: Ballista and well... the glorious Stave can also try KD-Push the strikers (~55%) and without MP they won't do much for the turn. High risk high reward style.

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Very nice series idea. It will be an excellent tool for new and veteran players for things they get tripped up by.

an extra mention for anyone is Fear in the passive traits, since Fear makes her charge 3 inf, so she requires a wrap to get a mom + T result -- Which is quite possible, but seven 3s vs Ghast for example is not incredibly likely (its a 37.7%) and if she fails... the outlook is incredibly grim, not only for vitriol but for the whole game when you start 2 vps up, with momentum, with the ball, and your opponent is down 4 influence. yikes. Only gets worse when you consider prolonging vitriols death until T2, so she dies t2 and can't return until t3 (and if she gets no influence you can drag this process out even longer by just marking her with ghast/avarisse and waiting until t3 to kill her...)

Although fear wasn't mentioned in the video since i think its only on 2? models in the whole game, but if you can field these suckers its worth noting here in the discussion thread

She can potentially get around this if she's within 11" of the ball carrier, since she can just jog up to them and buy two attacks for three influence - one for a tackle and the other for a momentum. 

Great stuff again.  Really enjoying what you are doing with your channel.

A few players now can go for the first activation goal, though most of the time it will be against players who have not experienced this.  This is a big trade off, as you are likely to sacrifice the goal scorer, based on whether they get away from possible threat range or they miss the goal.  

Also the receiving player may bunch up their players if they see a certain model is kicking off, but this gives you the opportunity to kick into the wings.  

Great idea for a series - I like pretty much everything about it - it has perfect length - clear presentation and good choice of model examples. Very nicely done !

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Ah how could I forget about fear. Good catch!

1 hour ago, Csonti said:

Excellent stuff again!

Just to add something: Ballista and well... the glorious Stave can also try KD-Push the strikers (~55%) and without MP they won't do much for the turn. High risk high reward style.

Yeah I didn't mention any of the ranged character plays that affect this play. Goad is a particularly powerful one.

Thanks for the support guys!