Sign in to follow this  
mr baron

Mist v A&G into Fish

Given the popularity of Fish in the current Meta I am looking at my Union choices, and it seems to me that it Mist and A&G are the way to go in most cases.  The line up that I am planning is Obulus, Dirge, Ghast, BP & M, Graves, with a Union player.  I am leaning towards Mist as I think his card is a bit better into Fish than A&G.    With Mist, the roster has 4 2" reach models which helps with the overall match up.  I am concerned that A&G with a 1" reach and low Def becomes a momentum battery for Fish with their 2" reach models. 

Curious what the rest of the folks think about this matchup.

I much prefer ag just in general. Mist strikes and thats about it. Since i can only have 1 union in ghe entire 10 i cant give avarisse up. They still have a really easy goal.

If your roster was purely an anti fish thing id consider mist, but haven't thought it througb

Corsair in general is really sucky. It might be the one m/u where scalpel is invaluable. Although i havent gotten a chance to test.

Casket is also invaluable vs scoring teams if they dont pull knee slider ( ie - knee slider is in your draw of 5 cards  -- if you dont see it assume they drew it even if they didnt) because counter score and casket time is thw critical 8 vp. As long as you can counter score or set one up fish will be paralysed. They are much worse at take outs if its shark (... not so much corsair, but youve bought yourself much needed time to steal the victory)

Mist is useful for striking and stealing the ball against a shark fish team. On a charge Mist can tackle easy enough, but the problem with the fish is when you tackle them, they usually counter attack and grab the ball back. With Mist only being tac 4, it's hard for him to compete in the ball stealing game after the charge. He is ok in the match up.

A&G are useful for striking and the knockdown. His tackle is on 3 which is not the best but knocking them down after they have activated can be almost as good as a tackle. Having A&G plus Ghast to knock all the fish down for the rest of your team is helpful.

Like Napoleon said, you will probably get more millage out of A&G in your 10, but they are both reasonable against the Shark fish team.