Sign in to follow this  
Sir Orpheus

Metal Aggro coin?

As the title suggests, I'm kinda curious about the Metal Aggro coin unlocked during the kickstarter. Would have imagined it to come with the core set, but alas that was not the case. Anyone know if this will be a wave 2 item or did they ditch it entirely?

46 minutes ago, Sir Orpheus said:

As the title suggests, I'm kinda curious about the Metal Aggro coin unlocked during the kickstarter. Would have imagined it to come with the core set, but alas that was not the case. Anyone know if this will be a wave 2 item or did they ditch it entirely?

There has been no mention of it... seems like they are hoping people forgot about it XD

41 minutes ago, Gervill Froad said:

There has been no mention of it... seems like they are hoping people forgot about it XD

I've been meaning to ask about this, too. I was wondering if they'd decided to stick with regular tokens since there was now an activation token as well.

@alxndrhll, any official word on this that you're aware of?

47 minutes ago, Gervill Froad said:

Welele I sure hope that is not the case haha. It would be a nice touch personally. I enjoy quality items in a board game. 

The metal token would be a Kickstarter exclusive item, something that would not be bought with the core game if you were to go to the store to buy it.  That being said, when they stated they were doing 2 phases for shipping, one is the core set of the game that anyone can buy, and the second is everything else we are getting and ordered.  With that logic, I think it is going to be included in the phase 2 shipping.

50 minutes ago, KaiinRetsu said:

The metal token would be a Kickstarter exclusive item, something that would not be bought with the core game if you were to go to the store to buy it.  That being said, when they stated they were doing 2 phases for shipping, one is the core set of the game that anyone can buy, and the second is everything else we are getting and ordered.  With that logic, I think it is going to be included in the phase 2 shipping.

They've been very clear from the outset that there will be no kickstarter exclusives. Anything in the KS will be available at retail.

Which is a good thing. Knowing there's parts of games others have, but isn't for sale, has put me off buying games before. 

The last I heard is that it'll be in the 'Explorers Expansion' (known as the Core Game Expansion on the Kickstarter). Obviously I'm on the design team, not the production team so this may have changed since I was last told but I'd imagine the information is still accurate.

Cheers,
Alex

3 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

The last I heard is that it'll be in the 'Explorers Expansion' (known as the Core Game Expansion on the Kickstarter). Obviously I'm on the design team, not the production team so this may have changed since I was last told but I'd imagine the information is still accurate.

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks for the info :) not sure what I'll do untill October-decmber :o excited!

On 5/14/2017 at 1:06 PM, alxndrhll said:

Cheers,
Alex

That is similar to what DC said last week when I asked then too. (Well DC surmised that was the likeliest place but hadn't actually heard about it). 

On 5/14/2017 at 10:25 AM, Danny said:

They've been very clear from the outset that there will be no kickstarter exclusives. Anything in the KS will be available at retail.

Which is a good thing. Knowing there's parts of games others have, but isn't for sale, has put me off buying games before. 

Weird, I swear I remember them saying Solaire was Kickstarter exclusive...

5 minutes ago, Ladikn said:

Weird, I swear I remember them saying Solaire was Kickstarter exclusive...

Na, he was a community unlock. Required likes, shares and backers of a specified ammount to unlock him. He is now in the Summons expansion, avalible to all. SFG didn't want anything to be exclusive. And while I do enjoy the feeling of having a exclusive item, I also hate being on the opposite end. It would be tragic If only backers got to enjoy one of the most iconic faces in dark souls. 

for all the kickstarter stretch goals, will we get the expansions those items belong to, or are they only going to send the figures, and if we want the functionality of the figures we'd have to buy the cards or whatever else that makes those figures useful?

21 minutes ago, squirtis said:

for all the kickstarter stretch goals, will we get the expansions those items belong to, or are they only going to send the figures, and if we want the functionality of the figures we'd have to buy the cards or whatever else that makes those figures useful?

We get everything in the expansion boxes. Dials, behavior cards, encounter cards. It unlocked the entire expansion for us, not just the models. Thankfully. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Orpheus said:

We get everything in the expansion boxes. Dials, behavior cards, encounter cards. It unlocked the entire expansion for us, not just the models. Thankfully. 

damn, we really got a good deal then. so many people are so upset with SFG for a month delay. It's annoying, but this was a massive project

7 minutes ago, squirtis said:

damn, we really got a good deal then. so many people are so upset with SFG for a month delay. It's annoying, but this was a massive project

Yeah, they has a huge task. Delays are expected. And for what I spent, I'm not gonna complain. Definitely got a value deal. 

i just hate when people get out their pitchforks and start yelling SCAM in the comments in the kickstarter, or even here on the forum. it's like, dude, i don't think it's a scam... at least just be honest. it's understandable that people can be upset, but be reasonable...

Just now, squirtis said:

i just hate when people get out their pitchforks and start yelling SCAM in the comments in the kickstarter, or even here on the forum. it's like, dude, i don't think it's a scam... at least just be honest. it's understandable that people can be upset, but be reasonable...

I didn't even get notified when mine was sent out (it actually arrived by surprise on my birthday lol) so maybe I'm more understanding because I'm not still waiting. And I can understand people being upset, if everyone else but me had theirs, I to would be sad. But they just gotta be calm and wait or out. Spamming then ith emails and yelling at them won't speed up their order Unfortunitly lol

2 hours ago, Sir Orpheus said:

I didn't even get notified when mine was sent out (it actually arrived by surprise on my birthday lol) so maybe I'm more understanding because I'm not still waiting. And I can understand people being upset, if everyone else but me had theirs, I to would be sad. But they just gotta be calm and wait or out. Spamming then ith emails and yelling at them won't speed up their order Unfortunitly lol

I actually work from a mailbox that sounds like its run the same way. Our usual turn around is 2 days, except we've had a 48% increase in workload since January and 3 people have left. A few weeks ago we were so far behind that we were working items 12 days old.

5 months into this, the upper management have finally agreed to recruiting to replace those 3 leavers only. (Recruitment is happening right now, they haven't actually hired or trained anybody yet) They've now also set up a "crisis plan" (because they've waited until we're so far behind that this is officially classed as a crisis) and started a series of other temporary measures to help us catch up.

I think the same thing has pretty much happened at SFG, except on a much larger scale and in a shorter timeframe. (Except they've replaced their staff when the previous employee left, ofc)

But yeah, in this situation "chase" emails create a snowball effect. It doesn't matter that our auto message has said how far behind we are in our queues for months. People will still re-send the same requests on the third, 5th and 7th day, often without explaining they've sent it before. So we have to take additional time to check these emails, see the requests are completed and then check the archives to make sure they've since received a response. This causes the workload to just snowball, we're now getting less actual work done which causes more delays which in turn creates more chase emails. And this isn't just affecting other people, the clients regularly contact this mailbox, so by chasing their older work they're delaying their own more recent work from being actioned, not just other peoples.