xJeris

Push and Node Limit Clarification

I looked through the FAQ and Quick Guide, but could still use some final clarification on a couple things that came up while playing with 2 characters

1. Node Limit.

I know the limit is 3, and that the player chooses who moves away. The question is, how does an attack resolve. If there are 2 enemies and 1 character on a node, and the next attacking enemy moves to that node because the character there is its target, i can choose to move the character off the node. Will that character still need to resolve the enemies attack if they are now out of attack range? Meaning the enemy has attack range 0, and no more movements left.

2. Enemy Movement

If an enemy has a movement of say 2, but is already on the node with the person they are attacking, would they move after the attack or continue to stay put on that node? Basically, is the enemy required to resolve its movement, even when not necessary to find its target(s)?

3. Push

From the guides:

- If the movement is towards the "nearest," determine who that is (it will not change during movement)
  - If the movement has Push, Push characters off the node the enemy is on (if push includes an attack, the attack will not trigger!)

Does this mean if you are not the target, but happen to get pushed by an enemy along its movement path, you do not need to resolve push damage (say from large hallow solider)?

1.  The node limit push takes priority over everything else.  If you break the limit, a character is immediately pushed off the node before resolving ANY other part of the behavior.  This means the character will no longer be considered on that node once the enemy swaps from movement to attack.

2.  Enemies will not move beyond their target.  If they are already on their target node, they will skip the rest of their movements.

3.  Everyone hit by the push also receives the damage.  The only exception to this is anyone that was already on that enemy's node when they activated.

@xJeris

I would like to understand what hasn't been clear in the FAQ :)

1. Reading through the Node Model Limit again in the FAQ I think your example is actually covered and clearly states the Node Limit will be resolved before anything else. So, what is it that you were missing to feel confident? :)

Also be sure to read the determine target section carefully. The target will be determined for each behavior icon, not only behavior card, so there are situations with the Node Model Limit and nearest that could result in that the target changed when the movement icon has been resolved and the attack icon is next.

2. I'll add that if no movement push is involved, the enemy doesn't move any further if it's on the same node as the target

3. What gives you the impression that only the target has to resolve the push damage here? If you look at step 5 you see that it clearly states that all pushed characters get pushed with the damage. If you follow step by step you realize that the only difference is that step 2 happens before the enemy even moved a single node, while at step 5 it did move at least once. And that's why at step 2 all characters get pushed, but nobody gets any damage, but every character after that still on the same node as the target, will be pushed with damage at step 5. 

I'm not complaining, just want to understand if there is anything that I really need to add in the FAQ. :)

What about that Large Hollow Soldier. Where in push section is stated that you immediately have to push all enemies, Large Hollow Soldier have dmg on move so when he takes an action and moves on node with 3 models all player models are pushed off that node. As push dmg from movement is not an attack action. 

In case of an attack with push I agree 100% that you push back first to limit of 3 models per node then resolve attack. 

I wonder.