Sign in to follow this  

Hi! I just got my game yesterday and wanting to make sure I'm not screwing this up.  The rules say verbatim:

"A character can hold up three weapon cards at a time; all of these weapon cards that are not in hand slots go into the backup slot, which is the only slot that can hold more than one weapon"

Does this mean that you can only have 3 weapons ever on your person? So if you have a sword, shield and a spell, then that is all you can carry? And you can only have two of those active at any one time?  That seems... Very odd considering you could have 3 weapons equipped to each hand with an infinite inventory in the video game...

Your real inventory is back at the base with the bonfire. There you can switch out equipment as you see fit.

But yes, you can only carry three "weapons" at all times max. on your person.

Great good to know! So to make sure I got this:

I have kite shield in left hand

I have long sword in right

I have great magic weapon in back up

At the beginning of my activation, I can switch out the shield for the spell, but lose the benefits of the shield until re-equiped correct? And lose the benefits of the spell for if I switch back?

Right on.

As far as I know, these effects only last for your activation anyway, so you'd have to activate the spell again anyway to use the effect.