Sign in to follow this  
Shanick

Germany starting to Deliver

Just got an SMS from DPD that my Steamforged Delivery will arrive tomorrow. German Game for Cologne. My Email and Backerkit is empty tho.

32 minutes ago, Shanick said:

Just got an SMS from DPD that my Steamforged Delivery will arrive tomorrow. German Game for Cologne. My Email and Backerkit is empty tho.

awesome news, let us know if it gets there safely :)

I had a notice from my post office in my mailbox today and can pick up a package there tomorrow.

Only catch is, it could be either Dark Souls....or something from Malifaux.

I am curious how many of us will have a further delay because of the famous DPD.

"Sorry, no one was at home, we try it again next week." .....

Never made good experience with that company so i fear to have the game in my hands...after buying it in a retail shop in several weeks...

?

Aaand it was Malifaux. Yay...but also dammit.

But if Shanick got his in cologne, mine shouldn't be too far behind.

9 minutes ago, DarthFacemo said:

I am curious how many of us will have a further delay because of the famous DPD.

"Sorry, no one was at home, we try it again next week." .....

Never made good experience with that company so i fear to have the game in my hands...after buying it in a retail shop in several weeks...

?

Must be different in Germany because DPD are one of the best courier services in the UK. Funnily enough in the UK Dark Souls is being delivered by Parcelfarce. I'm really glad I backed through my FLGS because I've never had a delivery from PF where I haven't had to phone them up. Best (worst) story I have about them is when I rang them to tell them to deliver on Friday (as I knew I'd be in) only for them to ignore that and attempt delivery next day. Called them up again and after apologies they assured me they'd deliver Friday. Nope they tried again the next day and then dropped it off at the post office because it was the third failed attempt. I then had to have a very heated phone call just to get them to do what was asked originally, which they'd promised to do twice, and go and get the parcel and bring it to me on Friday. It also doesn't help that Parcelfarce charges £5 more for their customs handling fee than any other courier.

DPD though are great here. Rarely any issues and they're normally resolved pretty quickly.

Perhaps the Parcel Deliverers are sold better in UK. Here in Germany, at least what I experienced several times, they are underpaid and really stressed out poor guys (no irony) with the tendency to be frustrated and unmotivated. Not only me knows the problem with them not to deliver at home at all, but to claim nobody would have been at home so they have to try another day. And the same thing repeats the day after. With you at home, waiting for the delivery..

I was really annoyed after hearing that DPD will deliver.

So my Game arrived this morning. I really like DPD Cologne. Their Online Tracking was on time. 

My Backerkit is still on answered and i got no E-Mail. Nothing. Just two SMS for Date and Time. I'm a Late Pledge, soi can't write this on Kickstarter.

My Game is pretty ok. I dislike the Box Management. One Figure has a loose foot and Gargoyles Axe is moving. But the Rest is nice.

Will Play this Game probably all Weekend (2 and 3 Player Games)

Yeah mine's still ready to ship... No offense, but I'm a little angry that a late backer gets hiscopy before I do.

By the way, just curious. Were the delivered versions english ones?

Nothing yet, guess I can only hope that my German copy will actually come before the last week of the "expect the full roll-out and delivery process to take up to 6 weeks for the core game fulfillment" is also done... I mean, sure, every day is possible going forward, even without any information from DPD, but no way would I've thought that I wouldn't have my copy long before these 6 weeks are even close, considering the location of assembly and such. Lesson learned for sure!

@Replect:

Yes, I'm in Germany waiting for a german copy as well and I wouldn't have thought that it might take that long, considering they were produced like 4-5 weeks ago in Germany and needed to be sent to Germany...  I'm waiting for a mail or Sms from DPD, but untill now nothing... 

As I already mentioned earlier, the DPD here in Germany very often is the worst scenario you can meet.

3 last posts of german backers on the KS-site: 

1.)
Fking DPD messed up with mine (Frankfurt Germany). Should have been delivered two days ago. Still in progress. Even a hotline call did not help. This deliverer is not worth a single dollar.

2.)
how do you know that? you got a tracking number or something? Münster Germany here and DPD messed up twice already because these idiots don't find my door but atleast I was able to contact them because I knew thanks to a trackingnumber that there was a problem. Now I have no chance to know if they've even tried yet

3.)
i have my Track Nr. since 2 Days per SMS, but yesterday the DPD-Navigator says received. 
I Checkt it... and... the Parcel was for a other Backer in a other Town. hm 
But why i get the Track Nr. on my Phone???!!! 
Big misstake. Who is the culprit??? 
I pissed.

And as I already mentioned earlier too, I will have my game after buying it in a Retail Shop as soon as available (and sell the one I backed after receiving it in several weeks lol )

Saarland (Rehlingen), German copy, no information at all, Backerkit "Ready to Ship" since more than 2 weeks...

But, my wife just called me and said a package from "Steam-forget Games" xD has been delivered! :)

It's indeed my German copy and with a quick look she at least said the actual game box seems to be fine! Now I have to be patient for a couple of hours until I can knock off work and find out in what shape the miniatures and rest are... Praise the Sun! \[T]/

That digital OpenOffice Calc version is about to end up in the trash finally!

1 minute ago, Replect said:

Saarland (Rehlingen), German copy, no information at all, Backerkit "Ready to Ship" since more than 2 weeks...

But, my wife just called me and said a package from "Steam-forget Games" xD has been delivered! :)

It's indeed my German copy and with a quick look she at least said the actual game box seems to be fine! Now I have to be patient for a couple of hours until I can knock off work and find out in what shape the miniatures and rest are... Praise the Sun! \[T]/

Quick, catch an illness that means you have to go home immediately but will be fine after enough time to play a few games! :D

Just now, Mako said:

Quick, catch an illness that means you have to go home immediately but will be fine after enough time to play a few games! :D

Well, luckily Fridays are my "Home-Office" days! :D

1 hour ago, Replect said:

Really happy for you, you deserve it the most :)

Hope you can work on the FAQ and rules clarification now even better and when I get the game, everything will be 100% clear ;)

So, the waiting continues for me... but happy playing for you!

2 hours ago, Replect said:

Dude, I'm really happy for you.

Now I hope the same happened to me and there's a package waiting for me  (near Osnabrück).

Just now, TimBo said:

Dude, I'm really happy for you.

Now I hope the same happened to me and there's a package waiting for me  (near Osnabrück).

I wish you luck! I'm about to knock off work and in about 40-45 minutes I guess I see if there is any damage to be found in my package... I hope I don't have to increase that damage ratio statistic!

20 minutes ago, Replect said:

I wish you luck! I'm about to knock off work and in about 40-45 minutes I guess I see if there is any damage to be found in my package... I hope I don't have to increase that damage ratio statistic!

Naaah, nothing here :(

Gonna play my first round later tonight with my brother and (big) maybe my sister-in-law.

Right now I'm looking for options on how to transport the game, since the cards and dice and dials have to go somewhere without flying all over the place.