Sign in to follow this  
Thermo

In Depth Review (youtube)

Just watched it in its entirety, good job! Was a perfect length for me to sit and watch whilst putting my cards in sleeves lol.

One critique, if i may (i dont like to because i couldnt do what you do!) is show more of the game. It is very conversation heavy and requires more pictures / videos in background / to the side of you playing the game.

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed and the length, I was keen to take some time to not just cover all bases but almost discuss what have been other impressions so far and address those too ??

I also appreciate the feedback! I made the conscious decision to keep the editing on this one to a minimum and almost make the vid more podcast in nature for the below reasons.

1) I wanted to get the video out reasonably quickly and not too much more than a week later than the unboxing - the extra shots and editing would have increased this and I had already been struggling to not just get the time to do enough play throughs to give an in depth review but then record and edit the above too! I filmed this late Monday evening once wife and baby were in bed to give some context ?

2) I've seen the other review vids by the professional board game reviewers and they seem to have this area sorted, with the jumps out etc, so was keen to present something different which added to the content for the game out ere so far rather than mimicked or rivalled.

3) I plan to have this as a series of videos, so the game itself will be well shown off with the play throughs regardless ?????? PLENTY!

Hope this gives an understanding as to the angle I'm taking and why I made the decisions I've made so far!

4 minutes ago, Thermo said:

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed and the length, I was keen to take some time to not just cover all bases but almost discuss what have been other impressions so far and address those too ??

I also appreciate the feedback! I made the conscious decision to keep the editing on this one to a minimum and almost make the vid more podcast in nature for the below reasons.

1) I wanted to get the video out reasonably quickly and not too much more than a week later than the unboxing - the extra shots and editing would have increased this and I had already been struggling to not just get the time to do enough play throughs to give an in depth review but then record and edit the above too! I filmed this late Monday evening once wife and baby were in bed to give some context ?

2) I've seen the other review vids by the professional board game reviewers and they seem to have this area sorted, with the jumps out etc, so was keen to present something different which added to the content for the game out ere so far rather than mimicked or rivalled.

3) I plan to have this as a series of videos, so the game itself will be well shown off with the play throughs regardless ?????? PLENTY!

Hope this gives an understanding as to the angle I'm taking and why I made the decisions I've made so far!

Sounds like you got it covered :) As i said i couldn't do what you do so please eep up the good work and I look forward to carrying on watching! I can understand how adding all the extra bits would increase the length of time immensely. 

Always learning! Maybe one day I'll be able to do it as a full time job and not have to be as strategic and prudent as to where to allocate my video making time!

Thanks for the support bud, hope the future videos are as well received as these past too, will do my best! Keep up the feedback too, as although I may have reasons like the above, they give me something to aim for for the future!

Big thanks to everyone who has watched the review and also got involved in the conversation in the video comments.

Please put in the youtube comments which mini boss and which main boss you would prefer to see in the play through series that will be on the channel :)

47 minutes, holy Smough.

Have to agree though, reviewing without almost any footage of the game components is sort of a major flaw, then again it does make for a good podcast. Oh well, gotta iron this pile of business shirts some day I guess...

26 minutes ago, Red Dragon said:

47 minutes, holy Smough.

Have to agree though, reviewing without almost any footage of the game components is sort of a major flaw, then again it does make for a good podcast. Oh well, gotta iron this pile of business shirts some day I guess...

Meh, that's what the unboxing was for! :P 

Enjoy bud!

39 minutes ago, squirtis said:

Are we going to get a play through video that explains all the rules etc? was looking forward to that one as i'm new to these kinds of board games. Enjoyed your other vids so far. Keep it up!

You can quickly look at yogslive playthrough, they explain while they played it. Though, I believe the best way to learn the rule is to play it urself, you will be a master of the game very soon, good luck.

1 hour ago, Diamond Souls said:

You can quickly look at yogslive playthrough, they explain while they played it. Though, I believe the best way to learn the rule is to play it urself, you will be a master of the game very soon, good luck.

So far the 2 Yogscast streams have been the best, not perfect, but still good.

I would still love to see Thermos video. He seems to care about getting it right and i think he could really help people learn the game correctly if he does it right.