Your FAQ state:

Additional boss push clarification

• If a boss pushes you off of its node as part of movement or an attack, you will be pushed onto an adjacent node in the same arc.

But the FAQ "DS-Core-FAQ-2017-04-11.pdf" that are available on the page http://steamforged.com/dark-souls/ state:

Q When you are pushed off a boss’s node, you can only be pushed onto a node in the same arc. If a boss’s attack has a push, do you need to stay in the same arc? No. Any time a character is pushed by an attack, it simply needs to be moved farther from the attacking model (p. 21)

For me that sounds contrary...

edit: just found the answer myself. You have to remain in same arc when being pushed from the Boss's node. You can choose the node (adjacent) when you are pushed from another node.

Second, as I'm no native english, is there a difference between "adjacent node" and "adjacent node farther from the attacker"? I think both expressions are the same? Or is "farther from the attacker" referring to any direction (I don't think so).

On 8/5/2017 at 10:52 AM, Thinkpositiv said:

Second, as I'm no native english, is there a difference between "adjacent node" and "adjacent node farther from the attacker"? I think both expressions are the same? Or is "farther from the attacker" referring to any direction (I don't think so).

The distinction here really only matters when you're being attacked by a boss that's 1 or more nodes away.

If you're being pushed by a boss because of movement any adjacent node is, by default, farther away.

However, if you're 1 node away and the boss attacks you with an attack that pushes, you cannot choose to move onto the boss' node. You must move farther away from the boss. (Or at least, not move closer in the case that you cannot move farther away.)